Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• KingratKingrat Posts: 72
    Like McDonalds was when a friend lived in Russia for a year. A lot of weird meat(?) at local run places, but Micky D's tasted just like home.
    Cable atheist: They're just trying to get your money like a TV preacher!
    Vinyl system: I'm long done with the snap, crackle, and pop.
    And Jif peanut butter was another thing that was much wanted, his wife sent 4 jars to him every other week. He got very popular with other US residents.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,984
    peanut butter isn't a well understood concept outside of North America :)
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
    I know. I had neighbors who came from Australia to Las Vegas and the only one who would touch it, regardless of brand, was the younger of their two kids. She loved it and nagged her parents to buy different brands until she hit the right one. After a while, the older kid started eating it too, unless they "cracked" after I moved back east.
    I messed that up at the end, it should have said, and unless the parents "cracked" after I moved back east, they never did.
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 274
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    peanut butter isn't a well understood concept outside of North America :)

Wow, peanut butter is a concept? Wish you'd have told me that in the 70s, man. Would have occupied me for hours.
    I started out with nothing and have most of it left.
    I was kind of shocked when I found out it wasn't a worldwide thing. About the only thing that would have upset me more than being allergic to PB was if I was allergic to burgers.
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 313
    Kingrat wrote: »
    And Jif peanut butter was another thing that was much wanted, his wife sent 4 jars to him every other week. He got very popular with other US residents.

All hail PB. Jif Natural Cruncy for me. :smiley:
    Unlikely things happen so often because there are so many unlikely things that *can* happen.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT5s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and more.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 831
    edited July 6
    Shining on at the Jakarta airport’s international terminal. r2h6bfo5lvm4.jpeg
    Post edited by stretchl on
    Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-09 --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Yaqin MC-10t --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's

In the Bullpen
    Adcom GFA-555ii
    Luxman R-115

Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 3,834
    J6xtLaC.gif
    Got Dayens?
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,676
    d1ldvyajsucd.jpg
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 831
    edited July 6
    Singapore’s amazing Changi Airport. yi1xnik3av6m.jpeg
    Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-09 --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Yaqin MC-10t --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's

In the Bullpen
    Adcom GFA-555ii
    Luxman R-115

Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 3,834
    edited July 7
    lol what is this center channel placement:

00k0k_dwckWq6qN6s_1200x900.jpg

Seen here: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/polk-audio-71-speaker-system/6636469521.html
    Post edited by KennethSwauger on
    Got Dayens?
    edited July 7
    Clipdat wrote: »
    lol what is this center channel placement:
    That's Robert Wadlow's home theater.

n03pgnlfa10a.jpg

Post edited by KennethSwauger on
  • WillowWillow Posts: 8,941
    Viking64 wrote: »
    lol wtf center channel placement:

n03pgnlfa10a.jpg

Imagine the size of his shoes....
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ PRO. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs

... or his hands.

"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,460
    How about his bed?

Or does he sleep on a looong couch?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,460
    edited July 8
    Willow wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    lol wtf center channel placement:

n03pgnlfa10a.jpg

Imagine the size of his shoes....
    here you go. SIZE 37AA
    Compaired to a reg. SIZE 12.
    tajw0c3fswrk.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 2,689
    Wedding day at Walmart? At least he's a Queensryche fan! :smile:
    2whithh6v0de.png
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Here's the last decent thing Queensryche ever released.

igfntdzfsb87.jpg
  • zingozingo Audiophile Posts: 11,610
    Climbing Mt Adams over the weekend. I’m exhausted but the weather broke when we woke up for the accent whicb made for beautiful views.

kc7d5xbpb337.jpeg
  • verbverb Posts: 2,689
    Stay focused gentlemen! :smile:
    x5luhp01oijs.png
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 313
    twerking-cat.gif.gif
    Unlikely things happen so often because there are so many unlikely things that *can* happen.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT5s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and more.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,027
    edited July 10
    ;';
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,027
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Ryan, you're a nut... :D :D :D :D

good thing he didn't show us the pink hammock
    My son shared this twitter link; I thought this was excellent.
    My neighborhood in Montreal is installing trompe-l'œil sidewalks as a traffic calming measure.

7q6zvkt5xbom.png

:)

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,206
    ^^^^^^^
    That is amazing, although I could see someone getting rear ended there :#
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    sure it has a flat response, and sure it has a lot of detail, and yes, it has good and clear lows. But is it enjoyable to listen to? Does it make you grin ear to ear? That’s what really matters.
    Seen somewhere on AudioKarma (I think)
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^

That would be Saint Catherine Street East. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,756
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^

If you're in front, you'll never see it coming... ;)
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball