Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    And now for something completely different......

fgwgzn4b184d.jpg
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Time for my monthly infusion. Protecting myself best I can.
    upc4cqps3slg.jpeg
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    Hope you have gloves on too. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    halo wrote: »
    upc4cqps3slg.jpeg

Screen...must be a family name... ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • halo
    Tony M wrote: »
    Hope you have gloves on too. ;)

I do! Nitrile gloves :)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    mrbiron wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    upc4cqps3slg.jpeg

Screen...must be a family name... ;)

They screened me 3 times. Once when I entered the hospital. Again when I got to the reception desk for infusion, and once by the nurses before being infused
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I screen, you screen, we all screen for ice screen...
    wait, what?
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    simpler times!lvt15jpdqznm.jpg

The Rock we hit that tipped us over is called "Mother" cause that is what you scream when you have to now make the 3 foot drop to the bottom of the fall on your but!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,060
    to voltz and "simpler times!"

Thanks for reminding me of a great memory.

I know what "going over feels like". In my younger days, on the upper Chattahoochee River in the middle of nowhere in North Georgia, my friend and I had the experience but it was over 12 feet into the pool below.

As we approached the sound of the fall really tired and 6-8 hours on the river, we saw a group of "hippies" camping and asked them if we could continue instead of walking ahead to see what the drop was. They said "Yes"!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,481
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    to voltz and "simpler times!"

Thanks for reminding me of a great memory.

I know what "going over feels like". In my younger days, on the upper Chattahoochee River in the middle of nowhere in North Georgia, my friend and I had the experience but it was over 12 feet into the pool below.

As we approached the sound of the fall really tired and 6-8 hours on the river, we saw a group of "hippies" camping and asked them if we could continue instead of walking ahead to see what the drop was. They said "Yes"!

I am sure the falls called Mother is over 3 feet maybe 5 ..it is on the big Piney river in Arkansas...when we get to mother we pull our canoes up to the shore..and watch each other go thru it one at a time..its is only like 6 -10 feet across so it was my brother who took the famous picture :) was standing on a rock ledge really close s the water-proof cameras have a very short focal length...but god it is fun when the weather is right...

The water was a little down so we had to paddle more then normal..we were so wiped when we made camp 12 miles later we all crashed hard after a super quick meal LOL

so that night before the run..we hung cloth curtains and played"Deliverance: on a big screen LOL I dude from Arkansas came up and watch it with us and he said in his Arkansas draw "You Boy'z just aint Right" where the frack are you from anyways? LOL

Somewhere I have the sign that we all are holding up..called the Wichita River Dogz! :p
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Tony M
    WOW!
  • Tony M
    That there is funny! :D ^^^^^^^^^
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,060
    edited March 2020
    Tony M wrote: »
    That there is funny! :D ^^^^^^^^^

Yesterday, I swear my bedroom ceiling fan was talking. I have heard many two word phases from it over the past few years. Maybe I should start writing them down to see if they make any sense. The fan is one of the original Hunter fans that have the oil-filled heavy motors. I have often thought fans, vacuums, and other mechanical devices should have the option of "playing music" (not by adding speakers via Bluetooth).
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    I had 3 of those fans in my previous house. They were great fans, moved a lot of air. Much better than today's fans.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    edited March 2020
    Just think, Chris. Before all this *** happened, we would have met in just a couple of days. My wife, friends, our kiddos and I would be in Port Canaveral. We obviously had to cancel that and the St. Augustine trips as well.

I saw a video earlier today where all of the ships out at sea, harbored in one area, began to all honk their horns in a show of solidarity. Most of them were reportedly competing companies but they are all in this together.

This would have been my first cruise and it was a B-Day present from my wife to celebrate the 50th mile marker in my life's journey.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,481
    I was thinking about that Tom @treitz3 as I was out there looking at the ships. In the top and bottom photo in the distance and across the Port from the cranes is your ship the Harmony. They sent 317 crew home today.
    Some of the companies are chartering flights to get some of thier crewmembers home.

Well happy birthday from PCF.