Lets lighten the mood, how's about a KARMA!!!!!

Comments

• oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,986
    Since Mr. H gave up a location and NOT to distract from Dan's Karma.

Here's a place I've found that sometimes have lots of vintage gear.

Schoolhouse auctions. It's in Yeoman Indiana.

Every Saturday night they have an auction. There webpage shows current and past auctions and they usually have a large amount of online pics.

Only bad thing is they always start with the furniture but eventually they get to the electronics.

Just throwing this out there. Sorry Dan... :|
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,086
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Since Mr. H gave up a location and NOT to distract from Dan's Karma.

Here's a place I've found that sometimes have lots of vintage gear.

Schoolhouse auctions. It's in Yeoman Indiana.

Every Saturday night they have an auction. There webpage shows current and past auctions and they usually have a large amount of online pics.

Only bad thing is they always start with the furniture but eventually they get to the electronics.

Just throwing this out there. Sorry Dan... :|

Sorry for what? You just gave me another LOCAL place to stalk for gear :smile:.... and dont think I wont show up and outbid or bid you up :wink: ...... I'm like Dave Hester on Storage Wars :grin:

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    edited November 5
    So far we ONLY have the following people in... so your changes of winning are MUCH higher than Powerball :smile:.....

@John Megadeth - 50 - if he wins wants it to go to @dbryant
    @mlistens03 - 250 -
    @dollardave - 560 - PS RuSsMan is the SHIZNIT!
    @mhardy6647 - 427

Still got an entire week to be in, so if your on the fence, feel free to hop on over. I just reset the device back to factory defaults this morning.........
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Just wasn't trying to hijack your thread... B)
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,383
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Just wasn't trying to hijack your thread... B)

Never stops me...
    You know my luck Doc.... :o
    Hey, I think (hope) things are looking up you you, you know? :)

4vcccuxouqxj.png

sorry for the temporary derailment @EndersShadow ! :/
  • billbillwbillbillw Posts: 5,790
    edited November 6
    Not in, but I thought I'd mention a few times that Polk forum members helped me out. I hope that I've been there to help some of you as well.

Going way back, a former (banned) member named Chuck that lived in metro Atlanta made me a large slab of polished granite to use as a turntable base. Cost=Free. I am still using that slab beneath my VPI HW-19 after more than 12 years.

Sometime later, @treitz3 , Tom took the time to go look at a semi-classic Mercedes-Benz that was for sale near him. He checked it out, drove it, and provided me a very detailed account of any/all flaws that he observed. Based on his help, I sent the car to a local mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection and made an offer on the car, sight unseen (photos only). A week later I was driving my E55 AMG home from Charlotte. I had hopped to meet up for a beer but that didn't happen. I kept that car for almost 4 years as my daily driver. Still one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. I still owe Tom a drink at the very least.

Another time, @joeparaski (I don't think he is active anymore), Joe took the time to go find a local sale of a rare, discontinued car audio head unit that was for sale up in Canada. Yes, I live in Georgia. I found it through Kijiji or something like that. It was NOS in original box. He contacted the seller, went to look at it, bought it with his own money, packed it up, and shipped across the border to my address. He made me wait to pay him until after he had shipped it so that I didn't over pay for shipping. I would have sent him anything because it was a great deal at the time and I was saving hundreds vs new pricing. Joe is a great guy and I wish he still came around.

Lots of great folks have been part of this forum since the time I joined in 2005. I've learned a tremendous amount from them. Not including the times mentioned above, I've snagged great deals on mint gear and sold my used gear always with a good outcome. Truly a great place to waste time.

Main 2-ch:
    Sony SS-M9; LSA Statement Amplifier; VPI HW-19 Mk3/Sumiko Premier FT-4/Audio Technica AT15SA; Pass Labs DIY Pearl Phono; Sony SCD-C333ES SACD Changer; TEAC UD-301 DAC; Dell/WYSE 5010 (running Daphile); Sony ST-SA5ES Tuner; Nanotec Golden Strada speaker cables (SR+#79 Shotgun); Audioquest Coral interconnects
  • maingeymaingey Posts: 477
    I'd throw in @AsSiMiLaTeD and Brian (mechanical record cleaner) (I can't remember his user name. Both had patience for my questions and patience. and can't forget @TSWisla. Made a large (for me) purchase and worked with him long term on it, and we've chatted a few times. Unfortunately I've not been on much recently and we've lost touch a bit. Thanks for the advice...
    In @ 262
    Still time before Russ picks a winner to get in.......
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,247
    Not in - but I'll mention a few names of folks who've always given freely of their advice to me since I've frequented these parts, whenever I've asked - often on repeated occasions. I also know they on many occasions had to get REAL simple to answer some of those questions, considering the vast knowledge base from whence they came. There's been way more than these guys, and I don't want to offend anyone who's not mentioned, but just to mention a few:

Heiney 9, Snow, doctorcilantro - tubes

SCompRacer, Dawgfish, Headrott, Classic Carl - TT's and Carts

George Daniel, BlueMDPicker, F1 Nut, Treitz3, mantis, marvda, mhardy - Preamps, Amps, Receivers, Speakers

Douglass, F1 Nut, DSkip - Cabling

A "tip 'o the hat" to all y'all Polkies who give advice, help us spend our money for the good of the whole economic system, and keep this place going!
  • muncybobmuncybob Posts: 1,893
    In with 11. Wife's not happy with her current tablet so maybe this will please her..thanks!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500, Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, "upgraded" Polk SDA 2B.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,903
    Not sure why...but Dan requested I need to pick a winner... So here goes!5dn5usydfug9.jpg

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,515
    From now on, we shall call you SSUR, sir.
    Forgot to flip the image....
    Deal with it.....
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,515
    edited November 9
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Forgot to flip the image....
    Deal with it.....

Do you think it bothers me? HAHAHAHA

2tfl6hs4g7ad.jpg
    Puppies!
    Mrs. H is wondering why I am chortling over here.

Mission accomplished.
    Mood = lightened, I suppose.

;)

• marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,192
    In with 62
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    marvda1 wrote: »
    In with 62

Halfway there Marv... post about a tip or story of a member going out if the way for ya....

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,188
    edited November 9
    Oh what the hell, I could use a new tablet. Hat's off to @tonyb . Not audio related but he has saved me literally thousands of $$ on an unhealthy vice. In with 500. Seeing @lightman1 pull my # out of his snozz would make my life complete lol...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    @ken brydson

Literally in at the last second.

Russ sent me the winning number at 6:09 on the dot (see screenshot) lol...

Marv I let you in cause I like you too.

Here’s the number. I’m at my infusion and I will sort out the winner later when I’m feeling better.

5cpdxjgfquzr.jpeg
  • verbverb Posts: 3,681
    Nice karma! And hilarious!:smile: Congrats Booger, ahem, I mean Ken!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Ok, so finally had some time to recover and tabulate the results.....

Here are the participants...

muncybob - 11
    John Megadeth - 50
    marvda - 62
    mlistens03 - 250
    maingey - 262
    mhardy6647 - 427
    ken brydson - 500
    dollardave - 560

Winning number was 446.......

@mhardy6647 - CONGRATS! PM me your address and I will get this bugger cleaned up and shipped out in the next few days!
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,283
    Great Karma here too. B)

Congrats to you Doc.. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,154
    edited November 11
    Congrats Doc way to go have Russ frame the booger for you :p
    I am very thrilled to have this chance to try a tablet (or, more to the point, to give Mrs. H a chance to try one... I think it'll be a value-add for her when she's traveling)! Thank you to @EndersShadow and to all at the Polk Forum.

So... do I have to ask Russ to do that? Do you think maybe it'd be asking too much for him to... ahhh... sanitize it first? I mean, it is cold season, you know?

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,154
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    So... do I have to ask Russ to do that? Do you think maybe it'd be asking too much for him to... ahhh... sanitize it first? I mean, it is cold season, you know?

He dipped it in his whiskey you're good

pitdogg2 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

He dipped it in his whiskey you're good

;)