Lets lighten the mood, how's about a KARMA!!!!!

2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Hey, I think (hope) things are looking up you you, you know? :)

4vcccuxouqxj.png

sorry for the temporary derailment @EndersShadow ! :/
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited November 2018
    Not in, but I thought I'd mention a few times that Polk forum members helped me out. I hope that I've been there to help some of you as well.

Going way back, a former (banned) member named Chuck that lived in metro Atlanta made me a large slab of polished granite to use as a turntable base. Cost=Free. I am still using that slab beneath my VPI HW-19 after more than 12 years.

Sometime later, @treitz3 , Tom took the time to go look at a semi-classic Mercedes-Benz that was for sale near him. He checked it out, drove it, and provided me a very detailed account of any/all flaws that he observed. Based on his help, I sent the car to a local mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection and made an offer on the car, sight unseen (photos only). A week later I was driving my E55 AMG home from Charlotte. I had hopped to meet up for a beer but that didn't happen. I kept that car for almost 4 years as my daily driver. Still one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. I still owe Tom a drink at the very least.

Another time, @joeparaski (I don't think he is active anymore), Joe took the time to go find a local sale of a rare, discontinued car audio head unit that was for sale up in Canada. Yes, I live in Georgia. I found it through Kijiji or something like that. It was NOS in original box. He contacted the seller, went to look at it, bought it with his own money, packed it up, and shipped across the border to my address. He made me wait to pay him until after he had shipped it so that I didn't over pay for shipping. I would have sent him anything because it was a great deal at the time and I was saving hundreds vs new pricing. Joe is a great guy and I wish he still came around.

Lots of great folks have been part of this forum since the time I joined in 2005. I've learned a tremendous amount from them. Not including the times mentioned above, I've snagged great deals on mint gear and sold my used gear always with a good outcome. Truly a great place to waste time.

For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    I'd throw in @AsSiMiLaTeD and Brian (mechanical record cleaner) (I can't remember his user name. Both had patience for my questions and patience. and can't forget @TSWisla. Made a large (for me) purchase and worked with him long term on it, and we've chatted a few times. Unfortunately I've not been on much recently and we've lost touch a bit. Thanks for the advice...
    In @ 262
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Still time before Russ picks a winner to get in.......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Not in - but I'll mention a few names of folks who've always given freely of their advice to me since I've frequented these parts, whenever I've asked - often on repeated occasions. I also know they on many occasions had to get REAL simple to answer some of those questions, considering the vast knowledge base from whence they came. There's been way more than these guys, and I don't want to offend anyone who's not mentioned, but just to mention a few:

Heiney 9, Snow, doctorcilantro - tubes

SCompRacer, Dawgfish, Headrott, Classic Carl - TT's and Carts

George Daniel, BlueMDPicker, F1 Nut, Treitz3, mantis, marvda, mhardy - Preamps, Amps, Receivers, Speakers

Douglass, F1 Nut, DSkip - Cabling

A "tip 'o the hat" to all y'all Polkies who give advice, help us spend our money for the good of the whole economic system, and keep this place going!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    In with 11. Wife's not happy with her current tablet so maybe this will please her..thanks!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Not sure why...but Dan requested I need to pick a winner... So here goes!5dn5usydfug9.jpg

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    From now on, we shall call you SSUR, sir.
  • lightman1
    Forgot to flip the image....
    Deal with it.....
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited November 2018
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Forgot to flip the image....
    Deal with it.....

Do you think it bothers me? HAHAHAHA

2tfl6hs4g7ad.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    Mrs. H is wondering why I am chortling over here.

Mission accomplished.
    Mood = lightened, I suppose.

;)

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    In with 62
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • EndersShadow
    marvda1 wrote: »
    In with 62

Halfway there Marv... post about a tip or story of a member going out if the way for ya....

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    edited November 2018
    Oh what the hell, I could use a new tablet. Hat's off to @tonyb . Not audio related but he has saved me literally thousands of $$ on an unhealthy vice. In with 500. Seeing @lightman1 pull my # out of his snozz would make my life complete lol...
  • EndersShadow
    @ken brydson

Literally in at the last second.

Russ sent me the winning number at 6:09 on the dot (see screenshot) lol...

Marv I let you in cause I like you too.

Here’s the number. I’m at my infusion and I will sort out the winner later when I’m feeling better.

5cpdxjgfquzr.jpeg
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice karma! And hilarious!:smile: Congrats Booger, ahem, I mean Ken!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • EndersShadow
    Ok, so finally had some time to recover and tabulate the results.....

Here are the participants...

muncybob - 11
    John Megadeth - 50
    marvda - 62
    mlistens03 - 250
    maingey - 262
    mhardy6647 - 427
    ken brydson - 500
    dollardave - 560

Winning number was 446.......

@mhardy6647 - CONGRATS! PM me your address and I will get this bugger cleaned up and shipped out in the next few days!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Great Karma here too. B)

Congrats to you Doc.. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited November 2018
    Congrats Doc way to go have Russ frame the booger for you :p
  • mhardy6647
    I am very thrilled to have this chance to try a tablet (or, more to the point, to give Mrs. H a chance to try one... I think it'll be a value-add for her when she's traveling)! Thank you to @EndersShadow and to all at the Polk Forum.

So... do I have to ask Russ to do that? Do you think maybe it'd be asking too much for him to... ahhh... sanitize it first? I mean, it is cold season, you know?

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    So... do I have to ask Russ to do that? Do you think maybe it'd be asking too much for him to... ahhh... sanitize it first? I mean, it is cold season, you know?

He dipped it in his whiskey you're good

• lightman1
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

He dipped it in his whiskey you're good

;)
  • This is making me think of getting my IPad 2 out of the garage, wipe it and Karma it off. Hmmmmmm
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • EndersShadow
    DOOOO IITTTTT!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Not sure why...but Dan requested I need to pick a winner... So here goes!5dn5usydfug9.jpg

Need a little Tobasco for that oyster?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • I have WAY too many electronics sitting around unused to not do something nice with them. Let me do some digging and see if I still have the power cable and everything works properly as I suspect it will.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mhardy6647
    The tablet arrived today and it is absolutely beautiful!
    Like brand new.
    Very well packed, too. Thank you again, so, much, @EndersShadow for the terrific karma and, of course, to @lightman1 for picking a winner.

:)

Oh, one question: do I need to roll tubes in this?

B)