Tri Vista Dac

VR3VR3 Posts: 22,246
Now... this is some enjoyable sound
- Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Comments

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,712
    Nice review but a little long winded.
    Got Dayens?
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,742
    Right....musical sound, not as detailed as some other dacs but enough to make it very enjoyable. When did ya grab that one ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1430 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,246
    I have a 3 sentence rule for posting online. Nothing longer than that allowed as no one reads anymore. Anything longer I rely on pictures 😂
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
    Now that can be fun....if Ken S. looked the other way for a day or 2.

Hey Ken...look....SQUIRREL !! :) :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1430 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Lol, so far it seems to give enough to where you don't feel you are missing anything but forgiving enough to let the music flow.

I've had hyper detailed... And no thanks, never again
    - Not Tom

• steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,396
    I hear you, "articulation" can be over-rated. Sometimes emotion is far more important. Right tube guys?
    Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD | Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2L | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Signal Cable XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; Belden 1694A Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
    When I had the super tower system... With good recordings... It was amazing.

Anything short of perfect recording though was so completely. Unenjoyable that I found myself listening less and less.

With the current setup, I don't think it's turned off in weeks lol
    - Not Tom

• Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice review but a little long winded.
    That made me literally laugh out loud.
    Speakers : yes
    Amplifier : uh huh
    Sources: of course
    Wires : duh
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,129
    VR3 wrote: »
    I have a 3 sentence rule for posting online. Nothing longer than that allowed as no one reads anymore. Anything longer I rely on pictures 😂

Things have changed since you were a young lad...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    Yes sir 👍
    - Not Tom

VR3 wrote: »
    When I had the super tower system... With good recordings... It was amazing.

Anything short of perfect recording though was so completely. Unenjoyable that I found myself listening less and less.

With the current setup, I don't think it's turned off in weeks lol

Cool man, said this many times. When a system becomes too revealing and every nuance in the recording is heard, it loses the musicality....to me anyway. Becomes more like a websters dictionary than an enjoyable experience.

In the end, we all chase something different in audio. To me....I chase musicality, that toe tapping get up and boogey sound. Could care less if I can hear the drummers pants flapping in the wind.

MF, amongst other brands, is known for their musicality. I'm pretty sure a few here will agree when I say...."Hey guys, our kid is all grown up". :) :)

Congrats on the new toy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1430 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,860
    I always gravitate towards gear that balances accuracy, musicality and an emotional connection. Our recording media varies widely so choosing components carefully is key to help you lock in the sound experience you are looking for. This is where experience and experimentation come in.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,104
    I can't afford the best accuracy... so I aim for the most enjoyable experience, with pretty good accuracy.
    In fact, I think my system is pretty far from accurate... but it sure is a heckuva lotta fun!
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    In a few days, it will be...
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Polk SDA CRS/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner
    TCC-TC750 phono stage
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    If you guys want to have some listening

Play the entire album of blue man group, the complex

Good stuff
    - Not Tom

First setup I have had in a long time where I can listen for hours and really. Enjoy the music. Incredible piece that tied it all together.

Don't hesitate to snag one of these dacs if you see it
    - Not Tom

Anything with the tri-vista name is worth snagging. There's a reason those tri-vista dacs still command some coin.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1430 amp