Tri Vista Dac

Now... this is some enjoyable sound
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Nice review but a little long winded.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Right....musical sound, not as detailed as some other dacs but enough to make it very enjoyable. When did ya grab that one ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    I have a 3 sentence rule for posting online. Nothing longer than that allowed as no one reads anymore. Anything longer I rely on pictures 😂
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • tonyb
    Now that can be fun....if Ken S. looked the other way for a day or 2.

Hey Ken...look....SQUIRREL !! :):)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • VR3
    Lol, so far it seems to give enough to where you don't feel you are missing anything but forgiving enough to let the music flow.

I've had hyper detailed... And no thanks, never again
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I hear you, "articulation" can be over-rated. Sometimes emotion is far more important. Right tube guys?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • VR3
    When I had the super tower system... With good recordings... It was amazing.

Anything short of perfect recording though was so completely. Unenjoyable that I found myself listening less and less.

With the current setup, I don't think it's turned off in weeks lol
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Nice review but a little long winded.
    That made me literally laugh out loud.
  • VR3 wrote: »
    I have a 3 sentence rule for posting online. Nothing longer than that allowed as no one reads anymore. Anything longer I rely on pictures 😂

Things have changed since you were a young lad...
  • VR3
    Yes sir 👍
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616

Things have changed since you were a young lad...

I think that applies to most people in this hobby :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • tonyb
    VR3 wrote: »
    When I had the super tower system... With good recordings... It was amazing.

Anything short of perfect recording though was so completely. Unenjoyable that I found myself listening less and less.

With the current setup, I don't think it's turned off in weeks lol

Cool man, said this many times. When a system becomes too revealing and every nuance in the recording is heard, it loses the musicality....to me anyway. Becomes more like a websters dictionary than an enjoyable experience.

In the end, we all chase something different in audio. To me....I chase musicality, that toe tapping get up and boogey sound. Could care less if I can hear the drummers pants flapping in the wind.

MF, amongst other brands, is known for their musicality. I'm pretty sure a few here will agree when I say...."Hey guys, our kid is all grown up". :):)

Congrats on the new toy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    I always gravitate towards gear that balances accuracy, musicality and an emotional connection. Our recording media varies widely so choosing components carefully is key to help you lock in the sound experience you are looking for. This is where experience and experimentation come in.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I can't afford the best accuracy... so I aim for the most enjoyable experience, with pretty good accuracy.
    In fact, I think my system is pretty far from accurate... but it sure is a heckuva lotta fun!
  • VR3
    If you guys want to have some listening

Play the entire album of blue man group, the complex

Good stuff
  • VR3
    First setup I have had in a long time where I can listen for hours and really. Enjoy the music. Incredible piece that tied it all together.

Don't hesitate to snag one of these dacs if you see it
  • tonyb
    Anything with the tri-vista name is worth snagging. There's a reason those tri-vista dacs still command some coin.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's