So, this happened about 9 hours ago...............

headrottheadrott Posts: 5,026
edited November 7 in The Clubhouse
Well, I did a face plant into a glass faced hutch and messed up my face pretty bad. Not sure how many stitches and/or staples I got, but it was A LOT. My upper left portion of my scalp was a flap of skin all the way down to my skull (about 5 inches long). I remember hitting my head on the glass faced hutch and being covered in blood about 3 seconds later. I mean covered. My lower lip was cut like a forked snakes tongue, and hanging awkwardly. I remember laying down in a giant pool of blood on the ground, and then the paramedics (that my mom called) showed up about 5 minutes later (thank God).

This is what my blood sugar going low will get me:
zczlzk5y8j12.jpg
lmab7od5f2de.jpg

Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Comments

• BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,459
    Daaamn!!

Hope you heal up quick.
    Here in this fragmented world, I still believe
    In learning how to give love, how to receive it
    And I would not be among those who abuse this privilege
    Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge

• HermitismHermitism Posts: 1,234
    I sure am glad the second picture was cropped.

csz6z7h3jqqi.jpg
    Components - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000
    Speakers - Polk: LSiM703's, LSiM706c | Polk: RTi8's, CSi5, F/Xi3's, CSi3 Single Rear | Sub: HSU Research VTF-2 MK4
    Cables - Doug's Furez DCF124BW SC's | Pangea: AC-9SE, AC-14SE PC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI's | Monster M850SW
    Tweaks - PS Audio Power Port Classics | Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,026
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I sure am glad the second picture was cropped.

csz6z7h3jqqi.jpg

Hey Hermi, I did have pants on, just not a shirt...... Still, a little too sexy for ya, huh? :D
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 1,234
    It just felt wrong to look. Glad you are okay though! For women, knowledge of your survival of past conflicts increases your attractiveness as a mate.
    Components - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD | Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000
    Speakers - Polk: LSiM703's, LSiM706c | Polk: RTi8's, CSi5, F/Xi3's, CSi3 Single Rear | Sub: HSU Research VTF-2 MK4
    Cables - Doug's Furez DCF124BW SC's | Pangea: AC-9SE, AC-14SE PC's | AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI's | Monster M850SW
    Tweaks - PS Audio Power Port Classics | Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,330
    Yikes ....That's a bad dream bro

Yay for snappy mom
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,806
    See your tales are better than PFB's already... Holy cripes man take a knee
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Yikes ....That's a bad dream bro

Yay for snappy mom

She has saved my a$$ more than once for sure. Same with my ex-girlfriend Kris. Without these two people, I wouldn't be here today.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

edited November 7
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    See your tales are better than PFB's already... Holy cripes man take a knee

LOL!! (I am trying not to smile too big). I just knew someone would make a comment about PFB (at least I outdid him). :D
    Post edited by headrott on
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,531
    You're a week late. Halloween was last Tuesday! :p

Hope you heal quick.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,481
    edited November 7
    Dang dude... put a shirt on will ya. Nobody here except Cathy wants to see all that! :D :p

Seriously man, hope you feel better soon, and from now on, only plexiglass for you.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 714
    One word for you: bacitracin. Learn it, love it, USE it. Best thing in the world for cuts and the like.
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,610
    Jeez oh pete :o

Get better soon!!
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,768
    Holy Crap, lucky you didn't hit a carotid. Heal fast.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,251
    Good to see it wasn't any worse than what it was. CP just gets you back and then this accident occurs.
    Just curious, but do you happen to recall the whereabouts of your mom immediately prior to this incident ?
    Just ....... curious. o:)

BTW:

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 3,290
    A lot of people just don't realize how serious Diabetes can be. I learned at an early age when a co-worker was talking to me while we stood in front of the front customer counter. I turned to look at something and when I turned back to talk some more to him, he didn't respond. He just stood there. I quickly got the attention of the other salesmen in the counter to help me assist him. The first guy to respond said my coworker was probably having a low sugar episode. We both kind of carried while he did walk like a drunk guy to the break room 30 ft. away. Somebody was already on the spot with a candy bar. My coworker was able to start eating it but he was out of it completely until the sugar brought him back. I was 20 and had never seen anything like that or heard of it either, Remember, that was years before the internet was invented. Pagers weren't even thought of either back then.

I'm type 2 since I turned 46 and I'm soooo glad my sugar gets high.

My Father in law, type 1 since he was a young man. He's in his 90's thanks to good living and good eating and walking a lot.

The older I've become the more Diabetics I have met. Some with low sugar problems and the others with high sugar problems. Thank God for more medical solutions for us to use to help control our bodies short comings.

I'm sorry you had an episode in front of that glass hutch. Like another said, it could have been a lot worse. You got a serious amount of cuts but your eyes were spared along with your life.

Thanks for sharing your story to let others know what can happen when our fragile metabolisms get out of line. Our bodies are miracles in thousands of ways at how everything works together to make us feel normal. But we are fragile.

Again, I'm sorry you fell and got your face cut but I have to say, you look pretty good after the stiches and staples. Seriously, you could still go out and have a good time and not freak anybody out.

Thanks for sharing your accident story with us!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,644
    Feel better soon, and take better care of yourself to minimize these kinds of accidents.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 231
    I am a Type 1 diabetic of 50 years standing, and this story worries the h e l l out of me. Are you one of those unfortunate individuals that gets no symptoms of low blood sugar? I have had about 3 instances in the last 25 years where my wife had to call the paramedics in the middle of the night, but from your description it looks like you were awake when this happened. Do you aim at a super low A1c and are on the verge all the time?
    I started out with nothing and have most of it left.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,498
    fzd8roz0ymhk.jpg

Damn dude. Hope you heal quickly...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,519
    I'm sure you look better than the glass does.

I hope the recovery is an easy one.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • soundfreak1soundfreak1 Posts: 2,705
    Haven't done anything like that in 30 years and then scotch was involved. Anyway make up a better story, low blood sugar really, you can do much better than that with a little effort.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    YAMMY cdp
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,806
    It was the Fentanyl... ya ya that's it that's the ticket....

Kidding Greg
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 778
    Personally?
    Id lie about it to pick up the ladies.
    There was 2 of them, one had a "shank"!

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,866
    Learning to walk...instructions not clear...bang...ding...ow! FAIL!

Seriously could of been a LOT worse! Get better soon man.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,348
    Get better soon. Neosporen works to heal the cuts. Helps with scarring to. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,481
    Could also say you saved some kids by fighting off a 20 foot Great White in Australia...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• soundfreak1soundfreak1 Posts: 2,705
    Ya damn if it had to happen AFTER Halloween!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    YAMMY cdp
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • daboyzdaboyz Posts: 4,419
    Ouch. Good thing the hutch didn't come down on top of you.
    Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Parasound HCA-1205A, Oppo BDP-83SE, Marantz SR7008, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, APC S10

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub
  • msgmsg Posts: 3,394
    Yeesh Greg, that's one helluva come-back.

Side note - Where's @Rick88 with his RCA Caps deals when you need him?
    Greg needs to order Quantity (2).
    kxlslxwwt30o.jpg