So, this happened about 9 hours ago...............

headrott
headrott Posts: 5,484
edited November 2017 in The Clubhouse
Well, I did a face plant into a glass faced hutch and messed up my face pretty bad. Not sure how many stitches and/or staples I got, but it was A LOT. My upper left portion of my scalp was a flap of skin all the way down to my skull (about 5 inches long). I remember hitting my head on the glass faced hutch and being covered in blood about 3 seconds later. I mean covered. My lower lip was cut like a forked snakes tongue, and hanging awkwardly. I remember laying down in a giant pool of blood on the ground, and then the paramedics (that my mom called) showed up about 5 minutes later (thank God).

This is what my blood sugar going low will get me:
zczlzk5y8j12.jpg
lmab7od5f2de.jpg

Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Comments

• Daaamn!!

Hope you heal up quick.
  • headrott
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I sure am glad the second picture was cropped.

csz6z7h3jqqi.jpg

Hey Hermi, I did have pants on, just not a shirt...... Still, a little too sexy for ya, huh? :D
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    It just felt wrong to look. Glad you are okay though! For women, knowledge of your survival of past conflicts increases your attractiveness as a mate.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Yikes ....That's a bad dream bro

Yay for snappy mom
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    See your tales are better than PFB's already... Holy cripes man take a knee
  • headrott
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Yikes ....That's a bad dream bro

Yay for snappy mom

She has saved my a$$ more than once for sure. Same with my ex-girlfriend Kris. Without these two people, I wouldn't be here today.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• headrott
    edited November 2017
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    See your tales are better than PFB's already... Holy cripes man take a knee

LOL!! (I am trying not to smile too big). I just knew someone would make a comment about PFB (at least I outdid him). :D
    Post edited by headrott on
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    You're a week late. Halloween was last Tuesday! :p

Hope you heal quick.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited November 2017
    Dang dude... put a shirt on will ya. Nobody here except Cathy wants to see all that! :D:p

Seriously man, hope you feel better soon, and from now on, only plexiglass for you.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    One word for you: bacitracin. Learn it, love it, USE it. Best thing in the world for cuts and the like.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Jeez oh pete :o

Get better soon!!
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Holy Crap, lucky you didn't hit a carotid. Heal fast.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Good to see it wasn't any worse than what it was. CP just gets you back and then this accident occurs.
    Just curious, but do you happen to recall the whereabouts of your mom immediately prior to this incident ?
    Just ....... curious. o:)

BTW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX3ZnwHe-go

Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    A lot of people just don't realize how serious Diabetes can be. I learned at an early age when a co-worker was talking to me while we stood in front of the front customer counter. I turned to look at something and when I turned back to talk some more to him, he didn't respond. He just stood there. I quickly got the attention of the other salesmen in the counter to help me assist him. The first guy to respond said my coworker was probably having a low sugar episode. We both kind of carried while he did walk like a drunk guy to the break room 30 ft. away. Somebody was already on the spot with a candy bar. My coworker was able to start eating it but he was out of it completely until the sugar brought him back. I was 20 and had never seen anything like that or heard of it either, Remember, that was years before the internet was invented. Pagers weren't even thought of either back then.

I'm type 2 since I turned 46 and I'm soooo glad my sugar gets high.

My Father in law, type 1 since he was a young man. He's in his 90's thanks to good living and good eating and walking a lot.

The older I've become the more Diabetics I have met. Some with low sugar problems and the others with high sugar problems. Thank God for more medical solutions for us to use to help control our bodies short comings.

I'm sorry you had an episode in front of that glass hutch. Like another said, it could have been a lot worse. You got a serious amount of cuts but your eyes were spared along with your life.

Thanks for sharing your story to let others know what can happen when our fragile metabolisms get out of line. Our bodies are miracles in thousands of ways at how everything works together to make us feel normal. But we are fragile.

Again, I'm sorry you fell and got your face cut but I have to say, you look pretty good after the stiches and staples. Seriously, you could still go out and have a good time and not freak anybody out.

Thanks for sharing your accident story with us!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Feel better soon, and take better care of yourself to minimize these kinds of accidents.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,064
    I am a Type 1 diabetic of 50 years standing, and this story worries the h e l l out of me. Are you one of those unfortunate individuals that gets no symptoms of low blood sugar? I have had about 3 instances in the last 25 years where my wife had to call the paramedics in the middle of the night, but from your description it looks like you were awake when this happened. Do you aim at a super low A1c and are on the verge all the time?
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    fzd8roz0ymhk.jpg

Damn dude. Hope you heal quickly...
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    Haven't done anything like that in 30 years and then scotch was involved. Anyway make up a better story, low blood sugar really, you can do much better than that with a little effort.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    It was the Fentanyl... ya ya that's it that's the ticket....

Kidding Greg
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Get better soon. Neosporen works to heal the cuts. Helps with scarring to. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Could also say you saved some kids by fighting off a 20 foot Great White in Australia...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    Ya damn if it had to happen AFTER Halloween!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Ouch. Good thing the hutch didn't come down on top of you.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Yeesh Greg, that's one helluva come-back.

Side note - Where's @Rick88 with his RCA Caps deals when you need him?
    Greg needs to order Quantity (2).
    kxlslxwwt30o.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,309
    Sorry, I hope you heal fast.

But at least now you can pull a Joker and ask "You wanna know how I got these scars?".
  • headrott
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Sorry, I hope you heal fast.

But at least now you can pull a Joker and ask "You wanna know how I got these scars?".

Thanks Jim.

Yeah, a la @daboyz.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    That's looks bad. How low was your blood sugar? and how do you control it?

Many years of experience here. Type 1 for 40 years with a insulin pump.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables