Will be back, says I........

headrottheadrott Posts: 5,026
edited November 6 in The Clubhouse
I have not been on for the last few years. I was somewhat "put-off" by the change of the web-site after switching from "Club Polk" to the current site and was not purposefully(planned), but almost by "I want it the way it was" attitude, avoiding the place.

That said, I miss all you guys and talking audio with you. "I cannot stay away forever", I thought to myself. I have been frequenting a Sig Sauer site, and a couple pipe smoking sites in the interim. I finally decided that (after seeing their sites) that even the "new" Polk site is still "good", and the members are absolutely the best on the web, IMO. I will make it a point to come by the forum more regularly from here on out. I look forward to talking audio with you all again, brothers (particularly you @F1nut (Jesse)!!!!)
Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
Post edited by headrott on

Comments

• hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 4,851
    Welcome back.
    B)
    2 Channel
    Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold Cartridge
    Phono Stage - PS Audio GCPH
    Preamplifier - Dared SL-2000A
    Amplifier - Parasound HCA-1500a
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,026
    edited November 6
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Welcome back.
    B)

Thanks man. It's good to see that a lot of the membership has not changed; although apparently, Polkfarmboy is no longer present. Well, that makes me sad...........(I think......) :) If nothing else, I will miss his tight jean and Porsche threads. Now that I look at his page, he is still here as of Nov. 4th. Not sure how I feel about that. :D
    Post edited by headrott on
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,768
    Welcome back!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,806
    headrott wrote: »
    a couple pipe smoking sites in the interim

Oh the childish fun we could have with that statement :p
    On a serious note welcome back. As far as Kevin's concerned once in a while he will post but the whoa is me threads we've not had in a long while. They tend to get old imo.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,060
    group hug!

xn4qhcvaxfxl.png

;)

welcome back, sir.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,400
    ^^^There are at least 100 things in that photo that qualify as "vintage".
    Is that a glass of Scotch in the workplace?!?
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    edited November 6
    That was the last scene from the last Mary Tyler Moore Show -- when they all got fired by the station's new management. Except Ted. :expressionless:

Lou Grant always kept a bottle of Scotch in his office, it may be recalled. :)

now, back to your regularly-scheduled thread!
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 6,091
    You are an extremely knowledgeable and valuable member here and I am very pleased to see this thread. B)
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 3,748
    Welcome back. FPB still posts.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: Intona, w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

• msgmsg Posts: 3,394
    Heeey, look who it is!
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,165
    Well there goes the respectability of the place...

>:)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    2 Channel: Silverline Audio Sonatina MKI, Monitor 5 Series II, DIY Seas based bookies
    LR 2 Channel: LSi7, DSW-MP2000
    HT: JTR Triple 8 LCRs, DIYSG Volt 8LX Surrounds, DIYSG Volt 6LX Atmos, 6 SI HT-18D2 Subs
    Guest BR 2 Channel: Swans D1080MKII
    Deck: Pyle BT Speaker pair with upgraded woofers
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,136
    Hi Greg B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• Dennis GardnerDennis Gardner Posts: 4,727
    Its not what it once was........but neither are any of us.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,519
    It's been in a good place the last few months. There is more love and less venom here than I can ever remember.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,543
    DSkip wrote: »
    It's been in a good place the last few months. There is more love and less venom here than I can ever remember.

Less trolls lately, no?
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,866
    Welcome back, now get to posting up a lot...we all like reading around here! :)
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 6,563
    Hey Greg! Let's build a DAC!
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• halohalo Posts: 3,654
    I keep trying to get away but they keep pulling me back in! lol!

Welcome back!
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »

Less trolls lately, no?

They're (most) all at certain other hifi sites now :(

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,203
    'Sup Greg? Glad to see you again.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,595
    Welcome back, Greg!

Shut up, Tom.
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,026
    Thanks everyone for the welcome back comments. You all mean a lot to me.

I still prefer the old "Club Polk" site, but after experiencing other sites formats, I found this one to be tolerable and the members phenomenal!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,459
    Hey Greg, welcome back. Another tube guru

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,806
    welcome back to you as well Brock, been awhile :)
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,459
    Yeah, I took a break, not really intended. Been spending some time on the VW GTi boards. Now that cold weather has arrived, I'll get the rig fired up and start doing audio things again....lol.

Also went cold turkey in the tube buying department. I have amassed quite a few and I just stopped looking one day and haven't looked since. Sort of coincided with the new car purchase in May. It was becoming a bit of an obsession :p . I have more tubes than I can listen to in a lifetime. I figure since May I've saved over $1K in purchases....lol.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • WillowWillow Posts: 8,736
    sometimes a break is needed for what ever the reason(s). Welcome back!
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607(pre), Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ Amlogic S805 Media player. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Rotel 1075, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs