Karma giveaway from Polk Audio

Comments

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,040
    In with 17....
    Cool karma....
  • polkfarmboypolkfarmboy Posts: 5,713
    If its a random number count then it should go by the first post made on the thread.
  • If its a random number count then it should go by the first post made on the thread.

I will defend to the death your right to dream.
  • Good morning everyone,

I did find the original manual for the Monitor 7s. We will include that. I talked to the QA techs who tested the 7s as well. I think we may put something on official letterhead for you too.

At the end of the work day today we will close the thread and then let everyone know next week who won! Then we'll coordinate from there.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,204
    Good morning everyone,

I did find the original manual for the Monitor 7s. We will include that. I talked to the QA techs who tested the 7s as well. I think we may put something on official letterhead for you too.

At the end of the work day today we will close the thread and then let everyone know next week who won! Then we'll coordinate from there.

Thats awesome Ken. I'm sure whoever is lucky enough to win these will appreciate those simple touches....
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,597
    Very cool B)
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,021
    Awesome!!! B)

Thanks for doing this Ken, and all the others at Polk!!!
  • lawdogglawdogg Posts: 221
    Not in - but wanted to say thanks to you Ken and Polk for this idea, and also how great it is to see everyone's speakers! Especially all the 3.1TLs that are turning up!
  • sbb2112sbb2112 Posts: 30
    t374zbnx615l.jpg
    henuuyohm8g0.jpg

Top photo is HT 7.1.2 with the SRS's and bigger screen. My wife decided last week she needed to put the loveseat where it is. I'll move it in a couple days. The other setup is going to my office when I get done remodeling it. The HT setup would much benefit from the 7's instead of the Klipsch in there now for the rears. Very nice of the folks at Polk.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,308
    edited June 16
    pzu0qv572mcc.jpg
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,894
    If it helps, I am willing to save Polk the expense of shipping and drive down to pick them up personally
    I'm still gonna win with 17....

If you what's good for you......
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,894
    edited June 16
    F1nut wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »

Would you like to buy a word?

Word??? he couldn't buy a frikken clue.

• polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 1,931
    That's gonna leave a mark.^^^
  • BuddTXBuddTX Posts: 11
    Why do I deserve a pair of mint classic Monitor 7 speakers? Because I could not afford them, "back in the day"! I had to "settle" for my 5jr+, that are still going strong after 29 years! I am in the process of rebuilding them now, with WestMassGuy's help!
    uwydg8c8ve29.jpg
    edited June 16

Gosh darn it! You guys stop picking on me!

*know*

There! Do you feel better about yourself, Jesse??

If you can and dish it out, you best be able to take it....

I say with all due respect.

I know where you live.......
  • vksyvksy Posts: 16
    pmu5iqaol2vq.jpg

I own several SDA speakers but also enjoy listening to headphones. In the picture is the Sennheiser HD 650 and Grace m920. As for the karma giveaway, I didn't win last week's lottery jackpot. Therefore, I deserve the Monitor 7's to ease the pain.

I know where you live.......

Yes you do. And I have live bushes still..... what's your point :wink:
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,329
    edited June 16
    BuddTX wrote: »
    Why do I deserve a pair of mint classic Monitor 7 speakers? Because I could not afford them, "back in the day"! I had to "settle" for my 5jr+, that are still going strong after 29 years! I am in the process of rebuilding them now, with WestMassGuy's help!
    uwydg8c8ve29.jpg

You can throw that Mortite in the trash can unless you're looking for more problems. Besides, I can see there's nothing wrong with your original gaskets, so they don't need replacing.

Another thing, Peel & Seal is an asphalt based roofing product and Dynamat Xtreme is butyl based sound deadener. While they look a bit alike, they are not the same thing.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,308
    1qsa8qecl1er.jpg
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,021
    In before the lock!!

LOL!!
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 3,692
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    In before the lock!!

LOL!!

Me too
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 87
    Ok, I give in.... Put me in (for my Dad) again... :tongue:
  • BuddTXBuddTX Posts: 11
    THANK YOU! I was going to use the Mortite inside the cabinet, in the corners, but I now see that the cabinets are very well built and there is no need for any gasket. I just read that some people use mortite as a gasket replacement for the drivers, so thank you again, for saving me time and trouble!
    You can throw that Mortite in the trash can unless you're looking for more problems. Besides, I can see there's nothing wrong with your original gaskets, so they don't need replacing.

Another thing, Peel & Seal is an asphalt based roofing product and Dynamat Xtreme is butyl based sound deadener. While they look a bit alike, they are not the same thing.

BuddTX wrote: »
    THANK YOU! I was going to use the Mortite inside the cabinet, in the corners, but I now see that the cabinets are very well built and there is no need for any gasket. I just read that some people use mortite as a gasket replacement for the drivers, so thank you again, for saving me time and trouble!

If you want to make double sure the cabinet is sealed you can use Locktite around the seams instead.
  • ustiritustirit Posts: 4
    I'm in. Have had a number of Polk's over the years. I was first blown away by a pair of SDA 2As that my brother purchased new. There are now in my possession, gifted in the past year6axhl3tfdp93.jpg