Karma giveaway from Polk Audio

Comments

• Good morning everyone,

I did find the original manual for the Monitor 7s. We will include that. I talked to the QA techs who tested the 7s as well. I think we may put something on official letterhead for you too.

At the end of the work day today we will close the thread and then let everyone know next week who won! Then we'll coordinate from there.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Good morning everyone,

I did find the original manual for the Monitor 7s. We will include that. I talked to the QA techs who tested the 7s as well. I think we may put something on official letterhead for you too.

At the end of the work day today we will close the thread and then let everyone know next week who won! Then we'll coordinate from there.

Thats awesome Ken. I'm sure whoever is lucky enough to win these will appreciate those simple touches....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Very cool B)
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Awesome!!! B)

Thanks for doing this Ken, and all the others at Polk!!!
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    Not in - but wanted to say thanks to you Ken and Polk for this idea, and also how great it is to see everyone's speakers! Especially all the 3.1TLs that are turning up!
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    t374zbnx615l.jpg
    henuuyohm8g0.jpg

Top photo is HT 7.1.2 with the SRS's and bigger screen. My wife decided last week she needed to put the loveseat where it is. I'll move it in a couple days. The other setup is going to my office when I get done remodeling it. The HT setup would much benefit from the 7's instead of the Klipsch in there now for the rears. Very nice of the folks at Polk.
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    edited June 2017
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    If it helps, I am willing to save Polk the expense of shipping and drive down to pick them up personally
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I'm still gonna win with 17....

If you what's good for you......
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited June 2017
    F1nut wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »

Would you like to buy a word?

Word??? he couldn't buy a frikken clue.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    That's gonna leave a mark.^^^
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • BuddTX
    BuddTX Posts: 11
    Why do I deserve a pair of mint classic Monitor 7 speakers? Because I could not afford them, "back in the day"! I had to "settle" for my 5jr+, that are still going strong after 29 years! I am in the process of rebuilding them now, with WestMassGuy's help!
    uwydg8c8ve29.jpg
  • lightman1
    edited June 2017

Gosh darn it! You guys stop picking on me!

*know*

There! Do you feel better about yourself, Jesse??
  • EndersShadow

If you can and dish it out, you best be able to take it....

I say with all due respect.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1

I know where you live.......
  • vksy
    vksy Posts: 16
    pmu5iqaol2vq.jpg

I own several SDA speakers but also enjoy listening to headphones. In the picture is the Sennheiser HD 650 and Grace m920. As for the karma giveaway, I didn't win last week's lottery jackpot. Therefore, I deserve the Monitor 7's to ease the pain.
  • EndersShadow

I know where you live.......

Yes you do. And I have live bushes still..... what's your point :wink:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    edited June 2017
    BuddTX wrote: »
    Why do I deserve a pair of mint classic Monitor 7 speakers? Because I could not afford them, "back in the day"! I had to "settle" for my 5jr+, that are still going strong after 29 years! I am in the process of rebuilding them now, with WestMassGuy's help!
    uwydg8c8ve29.jpg

You can throw that Mortite in the trash can unless you're looking for more problems. Besides, I can see there's nothing wrong with your original gaskets, so they don't need replacing.

Another thing, Peel & Seal is an asphalt based roofing product and Dynamat Xtreme is butyl based sound deadener. While they look a bit alike, they are not the same thing.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    In before the lock!!

LOL!!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    In before the lock!!

LOL!!

Me too
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Ok, I give in.... Put me in (for my Dad) again... :tongue:
  • BuddTX
    BuddTX Posts: 11
    THANK YOU! I was going to use the Mortite inside the cabinet, in the corners, but I now see that the cabinets are very well built and there is no need for any gasket. I just read that some people use mortite as a gasket replacement for the drivers, so thank you again, for saving me time and trouble!
    You can throw that Mortite in the trash can unless you're looking for more problems. Besides, I can see there's nothing wrong with your original gaskets, so they don't need replacing.

Another thing, Peel & Seal is an asphalt based roofing product and Dynamat Xtreme is butyl based sound deadener. While they look a bit alike, they are not the same thing.

• EndersShadow
    BuddTX wrote: »
    THANK YOU! I was going to use the Mortite inside the cabinet, in the corners, but I now see that the cabinets are very well built and there is no need for any gasket. I just read that some people use mortite as a gasket replacement for the drivers, so thank you again, for saving me time and trouble!

If you want to make double sure the cabinet is sealed you can use Locktite around the seams instead.
  • ustirit
    ustirit Posts: 4
    I'm in. Have had a number of Polk's over the years. I was first blown away by a pair of SDA 2As that my brother purchased new. There are now in my possession, gifted in the past year6axhl3tfdp93.jpg
    Tim
    Polk SDA 2A
    Adcom GFA-555
    Motif MC-9
    Others. Mirage M-490, Bose 901 Series V, Polk Monitor 7, Polk Monitor 10
  • Good morning everyone! We have a winner! Please join in congratulating @Conradicles as the winner of the Monitor 7s!

Thank you to everyone who participated. We hope to do more of these in the future.

Is there anything you would like to see us feature product wise or a tip you would like us to share in an upcoming email or Social Media post?? Please let us know.
  • lightman1
    Rigged!!! I call shenannigans!!
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Awesome Karma Ken/Polk! I missed it by a couple hours... :(

Congrats on the win Eric!
  • Toolfan66
    Conradicles Said to just ship them to me... B)B)