Polk, you may have just lost me as a customer after 16 years of buying only Polk products.

2»

Comments

• Emlyn wrote: »
    Polk is not a major or even a minor internet retailer so not surprising their payment system does not have an automatic sales tax waiver for diplomatic pouch mail. Amazon sells the Atrium 8 new for $187 a piece as does Worldwidestereo through Amazon. In future I would recommend following up to a misunderstanding with a customer service clerk by citing the Virginia Tax Code provision that excludes zip code 20189 from State sales tax collection. With so much outsourcing these days, there is no guarantee the EBay order fulfillment service is even manned by Polk employees anymore.

There will still be companies that do not budge from collecting sales taxes and sending them to Virginia regardless of what a customer says. The diplomatic pouch system is far less well known compared to APO mail for military members.

The big problem in a sales tax audit is not overpaying to the state, instead it is documenting valid reasons for not collecting taxes. At my former dealership in WA, if the sales person did not properly document the sales tax exclusion, that person would get a charge back against their commissions. Maybe Polk either has very little sales tax exempt business or does not want to bother with documenting and tracking those sales. Or maybe the customer service rep was new and did not know how to deal with and process exempt sales, and did not want to get buried doing time consuming research figuring things out. Some companies monitor their CSRs productivity by how many calls, inquiries, etc they handle each day. So, you can be in the right, but get the wrong customer service rep that will mishandle things. That is why I frequently escalate my calls and ask for the supervisor.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 1,587
    Ok all you Polk fanboys keep it down. :)
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 11,903
    Is it Polk "fan boys" or unreasonable customer?

You decide.

Tom
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,040
    78!
  • msgmsg Posts: 2,872
    edited May 27
    Hey lookie, Russ is getting better at numbers, and showing off, aww.
    Keep it up Russ, almost to a hunerd!
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,464
    msg wrote: »

I thought he was trying to get to 10 :p
  • msgmsg Posts: 2,872
    (I thought he was trying to get to Z, but shh, trying to be encouraging)
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

I thought he was trying to get to 10 :p

Ran out of fingers and toes.....
    (I thought he was trying to get to Z, but shh, trying to be encouraging)

Q!
  • warrenwarren Posts: 458
    You push the first valve down, the music goes round and round, below below and it comes out here.. get the lawyers, get em now. Seven dollars is on the line..
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,469
    edited May 28
    Easy people $7 dollars is a lot of money, where are your manners?
    For the last time! IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY!!!
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,897
    la2vegas wrote: »

Yes it is... for just 29 cents a day, you can feed a village in Ethiopia for life... personally, I prefer Sam's way and just send them U-hauls so they can move where the food is.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 8,963
    la2vegas wrote: »

Yes it is... for just 29 cents a day, you can feed a village in Ethiopia for life... personally, I prefer Sam's way and just send them U-hauls so they can move where the food is.

I think around the world we are already seeing this.
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 562
    hyy5s wrote: »
    This will be my last post, since it looks like I ran into a den of fanboys.

What exactly did you expect to find when you posted here?
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,332
    It's come to my attention that the OP would receive a $7.00 refund from the Government if he requested it. So, much ado about nothing.
    F1nut wrote: »
    It's come to my attention that the OP would receive a $7.00 refund from the Government if he requested it. So, much ado about nothing.

Unfortunately he shot his wad bichin here, now he's too tuckered out to continue the fight elsewhere. :(
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 11,903
    Some people's kid's....*shakes head*

Tom
  • Inspector 24Inspector 24 Posts: 1,058
    So this was over seven bucks. Color me I subscribed.
2»