Polk, you may have just lost me as a customer after 16 years of buying only Polk products.

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Is it Polk "fan boys" or unreasonable customer?

You decide.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited May 2017
    Hey lookie, Russ is getting better at numbers, and showing off, aww.
    Keep it up Russ, almost to a hunerd!
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    msg wrote: »

I thought he was trying to get to 10 :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    (I thought he was trying to get to Z, but shh, trying to be encouraging)
    I disabled signatures.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

I thought he was trying to get to 10 :p

Ran out of fingers and toes.....
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    (I thought he was trying to get to Z, but shh, trying to be encouraging)

Q!
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    You push the first valve down, the music goes round and round, below below and it comes out here.. get the lawyers, get em now. Seven dollars is on the line..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited May 2017
    Easy people $7 dollars is a lot of money, where are your manners?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    la2vegas wrote: »
    For the last time! IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY!!!

Yes it is... for just 29 cents a day, you can feed a village in Ethiopia for life... personally, I prefer Sam's way and just send them U-hauls so they can move where the food is.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    la2vegas wrote: »
    For the last time! IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY!!!

Yes it is... for just 29 cents a day, you can feed a village in Ethiopia for life... personally, I prefer Sam's way and just send them U-hauls so they can move where the food is.

I think around the world we are already seeing this.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    hyy5s wrote: »
    This will be my last post, since it looks like I ran into a den of fanboys.

What exactly did you expect to find when you posted here?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    It's come to my attention that the OP would receive a $7.00 refund from the Government if he requested it. So, much ado about nothing.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Some people's kid's....*shakes head*

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    So this was over seven bucks. Color me I subscribed.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    What a fun time this was to read.

$7 make you Holler!!!
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    F1nut wrote: »
    It's come to my attention that the OP would receive a $7.00 refund from the Government if he requested it. So, much ado about nothing.

Yup.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    They needed that 7 bucks to buy adult diapers.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Archguy
    Archguy Posts: 7
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I have no skin in this game but here's my take on the OP's comments. If I dealt with a company and was pleased for 26 years and then all bets are off when a $7.00 Uncle Sam charge comes my way with an option to avoid it?

Wait a minute. This guy is paid salary out of everyone's taxes and doesn't want to pay $7 in taxes? Did I miss something?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Archguy wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I have no skin in this game but here's my take on the OP's comments. If I dealt with a company and was pleased for 26 years and then all bets are off when a $7.00 Uncle Sam charge comes my way with an option to avoid it?

Wait a minute. This guy is paid salary out of everyone's taxes and doesn't want to pay $7 in taxes? Did I miss something?

In a nutshell nope
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Man, Polk did nothing wrong. In fact, they did you a favor. Like it or not you owed the tax. Your understanding of the tax laws is incorrect.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • This is why I love this forum its been an entertaining read! :D
  • haha, nice pic. guys, I want to order a sound bar, what can you advise? I need the sound to be great everywhere. though I think it’s great in each device, but still which one do you use and why do you like it? By the way, do you use any zip code finder like maybe worldpostalcode? I'm in the USA right now and don’t know what zip codes are here, is there anyone from the US?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Nope, you took a wrong turn somewhere, we are mostly here from Australia
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    "This forum don't go to Aintry."

wkh7odcc3bvg.jpg
  • What the duck. Spammer?
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nope, you took a wrong turn somewhere, we are mostly here from Australia

Not all of us I'm from Zimbabwe.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited November 2019
  • You’re just entitled.
  • I'm from Mars...
    All tube designed Hello Kitty boom box
    Invisible aluminum wireless Phazer speaker wire
    Free Spirit Teleport Preamp (Literally brings the artists into your living room)
    1.44 JW Flux Capacitor Mono Amps