Polk introduces the MagniFi MAX SR

KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger ModeratorPosts: 6,058
From the Polk Audio team:

Introducing the Polk MagniFi MAX SR -
This maximum performance home theater sound bar system provides a bigger, more dynamic and immersive entertainment experience and is optimized for movies, TV, sports and music. Plus, patented Polk technologies deliver clear dialogue, a wider sound stage and deeper bass than traditional sound bars and TV speakers. With Bluetooth and Google Chromecast Built-in technologies, they let you stream all of your favorite music.
https://www.polkaudio.com/products/magnifimaxsrair0wz8f4f8u.png
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available", G. Benfield

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,302
    The latest and greatest B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• LeeSoFLLeeSoFL Posts: 8
    edited August 27
    Love the A77 Kenneth. Do you know what the speaker layout is for the soundbar? Do they face forward, or are some of the 7 drivers aimed up at an angle? The grille material laps from the front, up over the top. Thanks, Lee
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,216
    Sweet, I have been waiting.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.
    They're due to release it soon. The ads have been running for months in S&V.
  • Good morning @LeeSoFL, the drivers are all facing forward.
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,797
    I got to say, Polk makes some awesome sound bars. I bought a higher end unit a few years ago for my Sister's bedroom system. Still blows me away how good it sounds, even the little wireless bass module kicks butt.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 3,771
    Looks like it will be nice!! Is the Google Chromecast that is built in like chrome cast audio that can receive wav from your wifi? If so, a cell, bubbleupnp and a nas, your music is all set.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: Intona, w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

edited September 2
    Watching for the release date closely!

The Sony TV I'm getting has two HDR HDMI inputs at #2 and #3. The ARC is at HDMI#3 which would connect to the soundbar. Does the MagnifiMax SR have HDR at all three inputs, to pass thru to the TV?

Have a safe Labor Day Weekend.

Lee
    HDR on the inputs, as in 18Gbps 60p, or the lesser 10.2 Gbps at 24p.
  • NugmoNugmo Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the MagniFi Max would be able to connect to the Omni A1 to power some in-ceiling speakers for the surrounds?
  • Nugmo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the MagniFi Max would be able to connect to the Omni A1 to power some in-ceiling speakers for the surrounds?

No it only works with the sr1 wireless surrounds.

• By the way been playing with a polk Magnifi max Sr these last few days and it is spectacular! Totally changes your opinion of what a soundbar can do!

I encourage all of y'all to try it out and see for yourselves. Bordering on shockingly good :).

• DerfDerf Posts: 113
    TopperDude wrote: »
    By the way been playing with a polk Magnifi max Sr these last few days . . .
    Where did you get one? Polk's web site still shows as "coming soon."

Preamp: Dayens Ampino
    Amps: Dayens Monoblocks
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
    Hopefully, in the final countdown to release. Dec 22 listed on Crutchfield, Dec 2017 here on Polk site. Date has been moved a few times to make sure it's perfect. :)
  • Hey why the heck did I get banned? What'd I do wrong?

• Derf wrote: »
    TopperDude wrote: »
    By the way been playing with a polk Magnifi max Sr these last few days . . .
    Where did you get one? Polk's web site still shows as "coming soon."

I'm from Asia (not the States). Just got it less than a week ago. Am sure the States will be getting their stock in the next few days as well.
  • 70t5ycg0ys8d.jpg
  • 2o8dqvgqvoct.jpg
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754
    TopperMan wrote: »
    Hey why the heck did I get banned? What'd I do wrong?

Maybe for typing "all of y'all"? That was quite egregious from a grammatical standpoint.
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,021
    Viking64 wrote: »
    TopperMan wrote: »
    Hey why the heck did I get banned? What'd I do wrong?

Maybe for typing "all of y'all"? That was quite egregious from a grammatical standpoint.
    Yeah, everone knows it should juss be "all y'all."
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Yeah, everone knows it should juss be "all y'all."

Yeah, that kind of hillbilly nonsense should be punishable by death. :p
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • jeez tough crowd :)
    ...okay.... SO?? how is the soundbar?
  • LeeSoFL wrote: »
    ...okay.... SO?? how is the soundbar?

Its excellent in every way! I'm not normally one to get impressed easily but if you closed your eyes and didn't know better, you'd never in a million years guess its a soundbar playing all that beautiful music! I use a lot of Spotify so this aspect is particularly important to me and its great. Especially in all-stereo mode.

As for movies, it gets loud and really fills the room. And sounds very full (not thin). I like it better than the small blackstone setup. And the surrounds work great. Way better than I thought they would especially since they are so tiny.

I know it sounds like i'm hyping it up and theres no way its going to live up to it but thats why i'm encouraging you guys to hear it for yourselves. It really changes the game when it comes to soundbars. Every single friend who has heard the system in action has had their jaw drop :).
    If they move the date further out, I am gonna have a stroke!
    Thanks TopperDude