Potential GTG in Indy...

Options
EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
edited May 2017 in The Clubhouse
Just hot back off LSAF.

On the weekend of June 2nd my wife and oldest daughter will be gone with her parents camping.

That leaves my youngest and myself all weekend.

Anybody interested in a possible get together that Saturday June 3rd?

It's short notice so it may not pan out but though I'd see whose around.

I could potentially setup at least two systems, which I have now maybe three if folks bring stuff but they can't go at the same time due to being super close space wise.
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    If only closer, itbwould make a fun road trip on the bike...

Get in there, Rick. I'll be back in Indiana for a month. Count me in.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,639
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Can't stay away, Russ?
  • lightman1
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »

Can't stay away, Russ?

Gots ta pay the bills, Rick.....
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Get the guys together and if I have my products in, I'll try to come up for it. That might be cutting it close for the new speakers.

I can probably pull some other locals that @indyhawg knows and maybe some of the Ohio and KY fellas....

@tophatjohnny @deronb1 @kharp1

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I will let the thread marinate more and then we can chat logistics if it looks like it's going to work.

It would be cool but it's quite a drive and a short turnaround
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Get the guys together and if I have my products in, I'll try to come up for it. That might be cutting it close for the new speakers.

I can probably pull some other locals that @indyhawg knows and maybe some of the Ohio and KY fellas....

I figured derob1 was a KY guy but didn't know about the others!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    I figured derob1 was a KY guy but didn't know about the others!

I keep tabs on my fellow Polkies :smile:

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    I'd love to be there, but just a bit out of range for me!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    I'd love to be there, but just a bit out of range for me!

Cmon bro, make it happen! Your what 7 hours one way lol....
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    If I ever make it home from the LSAF trip I'll check the schedule at work and see if I can make that happen.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,167
    Options

My wife and little ones are headed to MN that same week, which leaves me home alone to tend to 4 dogs and the house, one of my doggies is a diabetic and needs attention that requires someone here pretty much 24\7. Otherwise I'd try to be there.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Understand. I'd say bring him but 4 dogs at my house might be a bit much lol (as you know since you have 4).
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So far we have:

Coming:

@lightman1

Not Coming:
    @tophatjohnny

Still waiting to hear from:

@indyhawg
    @trav0810
    @deronb1
    @oldrocker
    @kharp1 (needs to get home and check schedule)

How about those IL polkies?

@tonyb @pitdogg2 @erniejade @SCompRacer
  • lightman1
    Options
    Don't invite H9....he's mean.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,317
    Options
    Your only like3 hours from me I think. I might be able to do that weekend.i need to make sure it's not the same weekend of graduation.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Your only like3 hours from me I think. I might be able to do that weekend.i need to make sure it's not the same weekend of graduation.

Yes sir, been up to Plainfield a few times and its not too bad of a drive one way. Just lots of corn, then Wind Turbine Generators, then more corn...
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2017
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

Ooooo didn't think about graduation. I might not be able to make it.

No worries, if it doesnt work out for folks its no biggie.

I just know if I'm going to do anything this summer it needs to be that weekend. My wife goes in for back surgery on the 16th of June and will be very limited mobility wise for at least 6 weeks, provided all goes well....

I should also mention @DSkip I have that Friday the 2nd off too, so should you be doing this, we could theoretically play with stuff on Friday in advance if schedules work out.

Again no biggie, just putting it out there...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Dan just had to much fun at LSAF and wants to hang out with the Polkies some more.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Dan just had to much fun at LSAF and wants to hang out with the Polkies some more.

DUH! But it will be hard to get that LSAF vibe going without sombrero's and a TON of liquor...... but I will do my best....

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    In case you were wondering, i will NOT be attending due to scheduling issues and the fact that you are a PITA.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    In case you were wondering, i will NOT be attending due to scheduling issues and the fact that you are a PITA.

Damn, I was gonna burn a Tom Brady effigy in my yard JUST for you......
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited May 2017
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    If I ever make it home from the LSAF trip I'll check the schedule at work and see if I can make that happen.

did you get lost again? :p Marvin reprogrammed your GPS
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2017
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »

did you get lost again? :p Marvin reprogrammed your GPS

He hooked up those JWMs in the hotel and got lost in the music lol
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    I can do that day.
    Probably do me good to get a kick in the **** audio wise.

What u powering that moster sub with?
    If needed I can box up the 2500 for you to play with.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2017
    Options
    oldrocker wrote: »
    I can do that day.
    Probably do me good to get a kick in the **** audio wise.

What u powering that moster sub with?
    If needed I can box up the 2500 for you to play with.

Which one :wink: .

I'm running dual bridged XLS2000. One for each sub. Both connected to a dedicated 20 amp circuit. I'm good lol...

We may go subless depending on what we are running speaker wise.

But depends on whose coming and if they are willing to bring their speakers...

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,639
    Options
    I should be able to make it.
  • EndersShadow
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Updated list:

Coming:
    • lightman1
    • oldrocker
    • indyhawg

Not Coming:
    • tophatjohnny

Maybe:
    • Skip
    • ErnieJade
    • Pitdogg
    Still waiting to hear from:

@trav0810
    @deronb1
    @kharp1 (needs to get home and check schedule)
    @tonyb
    @SCompRacer

PS This is open to just about anyone, Heck I'm even letting RUSS come over again :wink:

Just shoot me a message or post here.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    I checked my schedule aaaand.............I still dislike you :D
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I checked my schedule aaaand.............I still dislike you :D

Thats fine, we need someone to talk trash about behind their backs.... and thats you :blush:
  • mrbiron
    Options
    HEY!...now you're just being mean!
    Can you film it and put it on YouTube? I want to show my family my notoriety. ;)