2»

Comments

• K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    K_M wrote: »
    TForan wrote: »
    I still think ideally a speaker should be matched to the room size.

Yes, having them so into a corner, and so close to back and side walls, could not even remotely be great for the sound.
    I have heard great speakers sound so-so in smaller blah rooms, and relatively average speakers really excel in bigger rooms with some thought to placement.

In your own words....

So you have the same room acoustics as he has, the same hearing and the same preference in sound and music?

That is pretty bold, to be able to determine over the internet, what will work for other random strangers, who you have no clue about their situation or anything.

Well played, but would you argue that speakers that size backed into the corners, would not have issues?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options

Yes, having them so into a corner, and so close to back and side walls, could not even remotely be great for the sound.
    I have heard great speakers sound so-so in smaller blah rooms, and relatively average speakers really excel in bigger rooms with some thought to placement.

In your own words....

So you have the same room acoustics as he has, the same hearing and the same preference in sound and music?

That is pretty bold, to be able to determine over the internet, what will work for other random strangers, who you have no clue about their situation or anything.

Well played, but would you argue that I deflect better than the shields on the starship Enterprise and have been proven to have serious psychological issues?

Went ahead and fixed it for you K_M.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    Options
    Well played, but would you argue that speakers that size backed into the corners, would not have issues?

Maybe. It depends on several factors...which you were apparently aware of at one time but apparently forgot for the sake of convenience.

I would argue that thoughtful speaker designers, especially designers of large expensive speakers, take into account the myriad of listening environments their target market might have to deal with and design speakers that will "work" in a variety of environments.

For example, the manual for Sonus faber's Aida loudspeakers recommends a placement of at least 6.5' from side walls, at least 8.2' between speakers, and at least 8.2' between the speaker plane and the listening position. The recommended distance from the rear wall is 1/3 the room depth. Therefore, the minimum optimum size room for a pair of Aidas, according to the recommended room ratio (W:L:H) of 1.7:2.3:1 would be approximately 24' wide by 32' long x 14' high.

I asked Sonus faber if my room measuring 21' wide by 17' deep with 10' ceiling was too small for the Aidas, and if one of their smaller speakers would be a better acoustic fit. This was their reply:

"The room size is big enough to get the best from our Aida loudspeakers. The only suggestion is to place the Aidas along the wall 17 feet wide rather than place them along the long one (21 feet).

And most important is to place the loudspeakers away from the back wall to get the best from the rear firing Sound Field Shaper."

Speaker placement and room size are important components of speaker sound. We must also consider that the level and frequency of acoustic energy delivered by the speakers...and room treatments, also play important roles.

Aida%20in%20Sonus%20faber%20audition%20room-s_zps0j5abvsk.jpg
    Sonus faber Aidas (19"W x 21"D x 68"H) set up in a dealer's less than optimal audition room.

Aida-Ivan-CloseToWalls-s_zps6z56ibj0.jpg
    This is a pair of Aidas owned by a Sonus faber dealer and set up in his home, with fairly close placement to the rear wall, a corner, and side wall. If I had a pair in my living room, the placement would be very similar to this.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • DarqueKnight
    Options

In your own words....

I recall we once a "member", who had multiple personalities, and sometimes one personality would forget what the other personality said.
  • K_M
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So, nothing can be said for sure.
    \
    Sadly, that is gonna have to apply to all posts.
    Are you guys sure you want to back yourselves into that corner?

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The corner is all yours. You painted yourself into it, you have to stay there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    Options

Reagan%20-There%20You%20Go%20Again_zpse8fzpegn.jpg

What corner are we in danger of backing ourselves into??? You are the one making absolute statements and then contradicting yourself.

OnlyANaysayer-Absolutes_zpsmonsjohe.jpg
  • K_M
    Options

What corner are we in danger of backing ourselves into??? You are the one making absolute statements and then contradicting yourself.

You can not apply one set of rules to posts of people you dislike and another set to people you do like.....get it?
  • ZLTFUL
    Options

You can not apply one set of rules to posts of people you dislike and another set to people you do like.....get it?

"Deflector shields at maximum!!! Evasion action!!"

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • K_M
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Yes! I am successfully avoiding the Hypocrite asteroid field. Warp 8!

Fun fun!
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options

Fun fun!

Just drop it. Jeeez
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Seems like one of those people that has to get the last word in no matter what.

Sure takes a special kind of guy to marry a gal like that.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• ZLTFUL
    Options

Fun fun!

Maybe you should just leave. CASH YOU OUSSIDE! HOWBOW DAH?!?!

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options

Fun fun!

Popcorn ready!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How dare you step a toe into Mensworld. ;)
  • DarqueKnight
    edited April 2017
    Options

Were you speaking of me or someone else? If your response was aimed at me, please point out where I have been hypocritical. Who are the people I allegedly dislike? For the record, there is no one on the forum that I dislike.

I would certainly lay the hypocrite crown on your head. Weren't you the one stating one set of rules for one person then contradicting yourself by stating another set of rules for another person? When I have I done such? Again, perhaps you meant someone else? If so, when did the other person act in a hypocritical manner?

Do tell.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

Fun fun!

Popcorn ready!

zjgawyf8nbut.gif
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • K_M
    Options

Were you speaking of me or someone else? If your response was aimed at me, please point out where I have been hypocritical. Who are the people I allegedly dislike? For the record, there is no one on the forum that I dislike.

I would certainly lay the hypocrite crown on your head. Weren't you the one stating one set of rules for one person then contradicting yourself by stating another set of rules for another person? When I have I done such? Again, perhaps you meant someone else? If so, when did the other person act in a hypocritical manner?

Do tell.

No, sorry, was not about you.