SOS

Options
Whats up community? To keep this short, I need a 6500 for my Monitor10As. I blame the vodka... . :s
2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Ooopsie Matt! Too much volume knob?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    There's two singles and a quad of 6500's on eBay, and I'm pretty sure you can buy one of the new Chinese made ones from Polk if you call them.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    I can provide more vodka if that helps :D
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

^ To much volume knob, not enough Mudvayne (L.D.50) :/
    Nightfall wrote: »
    There's two singles and a quad of 6500's on eBay, and I'm pretty sure you can buy one of the new Chinese made ones from Polk if you call them.

^ I'll check the bay out. So far I have the highest bid on a pair of original 6503s there. Look out here come the CRSs.

Now we're talking. Just don't let me anywhere near the stereo rig after the fourth beverage. :p

2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    I have a backup 6500 for my center channel, if all else fails I can help you out and then keep my eyes peeled to replace my own.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    HzTweaker wrote: »

^ I'll check the bay out. So far I have the highest bid on a pair of original 6503s there. Look out here come the CRSs.

Now we're talking. Just don't let me anywhere near the stereo rig after the fourth beverage. :p

I'm just getting started on 4...
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    I have a backup 6500 for my center channel, if all else fails I can help you out and then keep my eyes peeled to replace my own.

^ Copy that, Thanks Nightfall. Hopefully one turns up.

^I'm still pretty POed at myself for last Wednesdays Jam session. I'll stick to having only a couple of beers with dinner for a while.. Or a least until a MW6500 turns up (literally) B)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    Options

Well that all depends. His glasses could be 32oz and straight.....Yours? lol

Get some spares while you can it can be feast or famine on those 6500's. Now if you're talking mw6502 those are like weeds everywhere.

• HzTweaker
    Options
    Thanks for the insight @pitdogg2
  • CTTE
    CTTE Posts: 183
    Options
    ER308L still has a pair listed for sale: forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/174317/mw6500s-other-monitor-10a-components
    I bought a pair and they're in excellent shape. They look better in person than what the pictures show.
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    ^^Thank you for the heads up. I just sent him a PM.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Bump