The Emotiva Lounge and Customer support.

Options
gwh
gwh Posts: 1,451
edited August 2016 in The Clubhouse
So I buy this nice Sherbourn Pre from Kurt and wanted to upgrade the firmware so I post an inquiry in the lounge on June 25th and have received zero replies. Same result when I dropped a line to customer service......just the sound of crickets.

Whats up over there? :)
HT:
Martin Logan Motion 40
Martin Logan Motion 50XT
Emotiva Airmotiv E2
SVS SB16 Ultra
Def Tech Reference Sub
Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    They smelled Polk on your clothes and ran away.
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    gwh wrote: »
    So I buy this nice Sherbourn Pre from Kurt and wanted to upgrade the firmware so I post an inquiry in the lounge on June 25th and have received zero replies. Same result when I dropped a line to customer service......just the sound of crickets.

Whats up over there? :)

Sorry you had that experience. I've called Emotiva before, and they have been pretty responsive. Maybe they just don't do email or online responses well?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Calling is always better. Nice guys/gals down there in Tennessee.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I have been trying to resolve an issue with them via email, although the issue has not been resolved yet the have been good at responding to me so far.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
    Call them, their customer support is just like Polk, Top Notch!!!

As far as emailing them, Polk is no different..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Never had a problem at either place.
    Of course, Polk is top shelf.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I think the worm has turned.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I have decided to break off all relations with Emotiva, the more that I read their last email to me the more that I am personally offended.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Well Bruce, if you got offended it must have been truly offensive. Since I'd hate for you to feel singled out, I'm offended too. I hope in some small way that makes you feel better. B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I thought originally all Emo gear was World Class, Reference, Audiophile gear. Now they are saying all that stuff was flawed and "now" they are making significant improvements after exhaustive analysis it's now Audiophile gear.

I wonder if the old tag lines were BS or the new tag lines are BS.................it's probably all BS.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    Options
    Brock, you're an astute gentleman.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Me too! Had beans with lunch and they're repeatin' on me, somethin' fierce! :/

• F1nut
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

Me too! Had beans with lunch and they're repeatin' on me, somethin' fierce! :/

But, did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express?

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    I've heard an Emotiva amp and was offended...does that make me a member of the offended club? :smiley:

Yes. Call Brydson the most offended person here.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    I wish I could show how unoffended I am with a few jokes but I don't want to get banned or offend anybody else.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lightman1
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I wish I could show how unoffended I am with a few jokes but I don't want to get banned or offend anybody else.
    Push the boundary, J. You ****.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Push the boundary, J. You ****.

I think you'll agree it's not the best idea...
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburnt
    Options
    They reneged on a deal that they made with me. When I produced the email that they sent me they said that they had no record of any such email thus implying that I had fabricated the email. I told them they could go pound sand.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    A good company would side with their customer or at least would have offered an apology not a veiled accusation.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    A good company would side with their customer or at least would have offered an apology not a veiled accusation.

Especially since their product was built on internet, social media and forum word of mouth and user experiences.

Can't say I'm surprised.

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • afterburnt
    Options
    H9 I am a bit surprised. They basically gave me a gift to make up for a botched order which was very cool of them but then reneged on it. What a no class move. I would not buy anything from them now even if they had something that I wanted.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited August 2016
    Options
    the best CS I have experienced, Oppo, Pass Labs, TriangleArt and Polk. Moral of the story is you get what you pay for.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    the best CS I have experienced, Oppo, Pass Labs, TriangleArt and Polk. Moral of the story is you get what you pay for.

Applies to most things in life.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gwh
    Options
    They did get back with me finally.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• afterburnt
    Options
    They stopped responding to my emails. I guess they didn't like what I had to say. Maybe I should call them?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    They stopped responding to my emails. I guess they didn't like what I had to say. Maybe I should call them?

Then they really won't like what you have to say. lol

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gwh
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Bottom line calling seems to work better, they did hook me up with a mic for calibrating for this unit within days of calling, but really since this new thing called the internet and email have settled in you would think most companies would prefer to communicate this way, I know I do with my bad phone ear and hillbilly twang it just makes communicating easier for me.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• afterburnt
    Options
    Not me, I am done with them.
  • gwh
    Options
    Yes they sent me links for a firmware update.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• afterburnt
    Options
    They have finally resolved my issue after me sending a bunch of emails. I was eventually being ignored by one VP there until another VP began responding to my emails. That VP was able to resolve the issue in a matter of hours.