Monitor 50 low bass rattle

Options
Hi, I have a set of Monitor 50's from 2008, and about a year ago they developed a rattling when playing anything below 80hz regardless of the volume. . It is most pronounced during movies that have rumbling (like explosions or Godzilla), It sounds like one of the wires are banging against the side of the enclosure. I know that the drivers themselves are fine, I checked them and they move like they should. To fix the problem, I want to take the entire front or back panel off so that I can properly secure the wires. The problem is, I don't see any screw holes, and I haven't found anything at all online.
Somebody please help me.

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    Speaker cabinets are glued together. The only access you have to the inside is through the driver holes or the binding post cup hole.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • bacon_thomas
    Options
    Thanks, I suspected that, but I just wanted to be sure. Do you know if this is a common problem with the monitor lineup?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Check the woofer spiders if they come unglued it sounds as you describe. Spiders are the according like folded thing under the woofer itself they come unglued around the outside edges. If that is it use aleans tacky glue you can get at Walmart or any hobby store.