SRS Project

Options
This was an original 2nd/3rd generation SRS. I have to say, these beasts are a PITA to work on. Sonicaps were used throughout the Hi & Lo-Pass, with the exception of the large Caps in the Sub Bass Drive circuit, where Dayton 5% Caps were used. All Caps were hand matched, Sonicaps by Sonic Craft, and the Daytons by me. Mills MRA-12 Resistors were used. The Existing Clear Jacketed Tweeter wiring was replaced with color-coded #16 gauge Tinned Copper. The Clear Jacketed Leads were really nasty, sticky and heavily oxidized. Same for the Hi-Pass coming off the Binding Posts. New Erse SuperQ Sub Bass Drive Inductors rounded out the upgraded components.
Due to the size of the New Caps, Supplemental Riser Boards were fabricated, and additional standoffs installed on the circuit boards, and at the ends connecting them to the large spool Inductors for added support. All in all, a fun project, and another Big Beauty brought up to modern standards.

n30txfkx2k8n.png
j519ydikmarb.png
pqkmba31zyxl.png
6v1oznjhmv2f.png
327h9ik9w76t.png
n5kh2tvaz6k9.png
weq747e8csde.png
c6acmu9ot3hz.png
Home Theater/2 Channel:
Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/

Comments