PSW125 Problems: Periodic Humming, Static and Heartbeat Noises

2»

Comments

• chroschros Posts: 4
    Thanks, Ken!
    Krisz
    Hi Ken!
    Any news about a contact in UK or Europe? I can't use my subwoofer in this state.
    Cheers
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 5,875
    Hello,
    I've received responses from the European sales manager as well as the head of Polk's CS department and they agree it's probably best for you to contact Polk's service manager, Gil Palmer. Send an email to: Gil.Palmer@soundunited.com
    Explain the circumstances and he'll be able to advise what your options are.
    Cheers, Ken
    Old adage: "Attach enough feathers and you can get anything to fly."
    Thank you, Ken, I'll do this way.
  • I have the same problem a heartbeat noise and a Hum. with all the complaints over the years with the same problem with the PSW 125 is there anything being done to satisfy the customer. When a car has a recall is there anything like this that Polk offer for this problem with this particular woofer. I live in Ontario Canada is their anyone I can contact
    In Canada the person to contact is Walter Moser, either via telephone at: 1-877-660-6601 or via email to: Walter.Moser@soundunited.com
  • marlonarmarlonar Posts: 1
    Hello, i have the same problem, i bought my psw125 on ebay for $200 and i dont know what to do, i cannot return it to the seller and now i cannot use the subwoofer anymore, please help, im from lethbridge alberta. Thank you
    See the post above yours.
  • gaberriagaberria Posts: 1
    edited April 7
    I am having issues with my PSW125. Serial No. AM122501594. Purchased from Crutchfield in June 2007.

During operation:
    1. There is no sound for a long time even when volume is turned up high
    2. Subwoofer then kicks in really hard and then continuously makes a rumbling sound
    3. It then emits very deep thumps but the sound of the content/music is very low and is masked by the thumping.

I have contacted Polk on 1-800-377-7655 and left numerous messages but have had absolutely no feedback from them. Very disappointed about customer service.
    In all likelihood the bass amplifier needs repair, send an email to: Gil.Palmer@soundunited.com and he'll explain your options.
  • I've had a Polk Audio PSW 125 for a couple of years. A couple of months ago we had a real bad lightning strike hit our house. Everything is fine except for the subwoofer. It has not been able to turn on ever since. I tried plugging the subwoofer to different outlets to see if it would still work but it doesn't turn on. I tried unplugging and re plugging the cable running to the AV Receiver. That cable is a CR Monster. I don't know if I need to buy anew one or if there is a way where I could get it to work. If you have something that might help please post.
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It might be something as simple as a blown AC line fuse for the sub's base amplifier. The fuse is either located on the outside of the amplifier's input plate near where the AC cord connects or is inside the enclosure. Is the power cord detachable on your un it?
    Regards, Ken
  • briankbaurbriankbaur Posts: 1
    One of our two PSW111s has started doing the heartbeat/static thing, but not all the time. Is this a straightforward component level repair for the technically inclined? I have already confirmed it is not any of our other equipment, and the issue follows when both PSW111s get swapped places.

We received both PSW111s for free in 2010 with the purchase of two pair FXiA6 surround speakers on a Frys promotion. I am certain they are out of warranty, but have been great subs for their size, and work well in a stereo pair supporting smaller towers. I would like to be able to continue to use them as long as possible, and am competent with a soldering iron and a schematic, if I could have one.

Thanks,

Brian
    Hello Brian,
    The person to contact is Gil.Palmer@soundunited.com he's head of service and should be able to help.
    Cheers, Ken
2»