Comments

• chros
    chros Posts: 5
    Thanks, Ken!
    Krisz
  • chros
    Hi Ken!
    Any news about a contact in UK or Europe? I can't use my subwoofer in this state.
    Cheers
  • Hello,
    I've received responses from the European sales manager as well as the head of Polk's CS department and they agree it's probably best for you to contact Polk's service manager, Gil Palmer. Send an email to: [email protected]
    Explain the circumstances and he'll be able to advise what your options are.
    Cheers, Ken
  • chros
    Thank you, Ken, I'll do this way.
  • I have the same problem a heartbeat noise and a Hum. with all the complaints over the years with the same problem with the PSW 125 is there anything being done to satisfy the customer. When a car has a recall is there anything like this that Polk offer for this problem with this particular woofer. I live in Ontario Canada is their anyone I can contact
  • In Canada the person to contact is Walter Moser, either via telephone at: 1-877-660-6601 or via email to: [email protected]
  • marlonar
    marlonar Posts: 1
    Hello, i have the same problem, i bought my psw125 on ebay for $200 and i dont know what to do, i cannot return it to the seller and now i cannot use the subwoofer anymore, please help, im from lethbridge alberta. Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    See the post above yours.
  • gaberria
    gaberria Posts: 1
    edited April 2017
    I am having issues with my PSW125. Serial No. AM122501594. Purchased from Crutchfield in June 2007.

During operation:
    1. There is no sound for a long time even when volume is turned up high
    2. Subwoofer then kicks in really hard and then continuously makes a rumbling sound
    3. It then emits very deep thumps but the sound of the content/music is very low and is masked by the thumping.

I have contacted Polk on 1-800-377-7655 and left numerous messages but have had absolutely no feedback from them. Very disappointed about customer service.
  • [Deleted User]
    In all likelihood the bass amplifier needs repair, send an email to: [email protected] and he'll explain your options.
  • I've had a Polk Audio PSW 125 for a couple of years. A couple of months ago we had a real bad lightning strike hit our house. Everything is fine except for the subwoofer. It has not been able to turn on ever since. I tried plugging the subwoofer to different outlets to see if it would still work but it doesn't turn on. I tried unplugging and re plugging the cable running to the AV Receiver. That cable is a CR Monster. I don't know if I need to buy anew one or if there is a way where I could get it to work. If you have something that might help please post.
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. It might be something as simple as a blown AC line fuse for the sub's base amplifier. The fuse is either located on the outside of the amplifier's input plate near where the AC cord connects or is inside the enclosure. Is the power cord detachable on your un it?
    Regards, Ken
  • One of our two PSW111s has started doing the heartbeat/static thing, but not all the time. Is this a straightforward component level repair for the technically inclined? I have already confirmed it is not any of our other equipment, and the issue follows when both PSW111s get swapped places.

We received both PSW111s for free in 2010 with the purchase of two pair FXiA6 surround speakers on a Frys promotion. I am certain they are out of warranty, but have been great subs for their size, and work well in a stereo pair supporting smaller towers. I would like to be able to continue to use them as long as possible, and am competent with a soldering iron and a schematic, if I could have one.

Thanks,

Brian
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello Brian,
    The person to contact is [email protected] he's head of service and should be able to help.
    Cheers, Ken
  • Greets,
    I have a PSW125 and out of nowhere a few days ago it started making wild noises. At first I thought it was possessed, because it happened in the middle of the night. Anyway, I ran to it and hit the power switch and all was well. I waited a few minutes and powered it back up, and went back to sleep again. A hour later, the same thing happened. I powered it down, went to sleep, and then turned it back on in the morning. All was going well until the next evening when it did the same thing again. I repeated the power off, and powered it back on in the morning and all was well for a few days. Then it happened again. I went back and started moving the power cord around and it seemed to stop. While moving the power cord, I noticed that it was making the same sounds while bumping the box itself. After snugging the power cord back in all seemed well again. Two days passed and it started again last night. This time I tried to cycle the power like before, but it's continuously making the same noise no matter what I do.

To clarify, the noise being produced is almost like it's driving itself from a wild action scene in a movie. It's a shallow thump driving sound with a bass like static, sounds wild and uncontrolled.
  • Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. In all likelihood the problem is being caused by a defect in the sub's bass amplifier. It would be best to contact Polk's CS department at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 first thing on Monday.
    Regards, Ken
  • Have the same problem. The volume knob has always produced major loud pops when turned, ever since I got this ps125. Now it makes static noise that varies like a poorly tuned radio station and a heartbeat noise when plugged in regardless of position of any control or is any cords except power disconnected
  • golovast
    golovast Posts: 1
    Same issue here. Is there a better place to contact? I submitted a support request ( 180306-000694 ), with all the info (serial numbers, etc), but 0 response for a month.
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    I'll forward your email address to a friend at Polk.
  • kazmad
    kazmad Posts: 1
    Hello. We have a Polk subwoofer and it is making a sound like a skipping record. Higher at times and then lower. Had it for about 4 years and just started making strange noises. We use it for tv and movies only. Any suggestions? Thanks, Kaz
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    I'm not sure I've heard of that particular symptom. Are you hearing a clicking sound when there's a bass sound being produced?
  • nc208
    nc208 Posts: 1
    I'm having a similar problem as some of you. The heartbeat/ crackling that goes in and out. It was happening with nothing being played through the system. What is the cause of this?
  • Krebs
    Krebs Posts: 1
    I'm experiencing the same problem being discussed here that has been associated with a faulty bass amplifier. Is there any kind of recall/rebate or parts replacement credit/reimbursement being discussed by Polk Audio customer service personnel?
  • Same issue with my psw125. Heartbeat for a few months, and now no output. Found a site describing 2 bad caps. Might try to follow his suggesting and repair myself. Polk wants $120 for a board. Caps are 50 cents each. Wish this was covered under the 5 year warranty. Shameful failure rate polk....

http://mrfxr.com/polk-subwoofer/
  • hulk1963
    hulk1963 Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm a first time visitor. I'm having the same problem as many other people above me. My question is, is Polk Audio going to do anything about what seems to be a very common problem on these amplifiers, heartbeat and clicking sound? it literally almost seems that once they get just out of warranty, they fail. Mine included. Seems like Polk should at the very minimum extend the warranty a few extra years on the amp and speaker system or help us Polk Customers fix our problem with no or very little out of pocket money.

I love my subwoofer PSW 125 but now its not good and based on what I'm reading, I'm not sure its worth replacing because its going to fail in a few more years but I'm willing to try.

thanks for your time,

Jim
  • Hulk1963, polk did end up covering my amp board under warranty. 16 screws and two wires later, I'm back to a fully functional sub. If you have proof of purchase try sending them an email. Can't hurt.

It did take 3 or 4 days for an initial reply.

Good luck!
  • hulk1963
    hulk1963 Posts: 2
    blackice36.. Thanks for the info man. It was bought for me by an old girlfriend so guess who I'm not seeing anymore and who has the receipt?? go figure!! Lol
  • [Deleted User]
    Hello,
    Did you happen to register your sub with Polk when you got it?
  • Hola soy chileno y estoy arreglando un psw125 por un tutorial de un foro que encontre en internet y por lo visto es una falla de fabricación ya que a todos les pasa exactamente lo mismo empieza con un zumbido, luego con pulsaciones, pasando por un fuerte sonido estatico a bajo volumen que al final termina con ese mismo sonido estatico interfiriendo todo el sonido del sistema y esto pasa entre 6 meses a dos años de uso.
    La solución deacuerdo a este foro es cambir todos los condensadores pero a mi me gustaría ir a algo un poco más a fondo y lo ideal sería tener el manual de servicio libre para todos los usuarios de este modelo que a dado muchos dolores de caveza incluso a técnicos de mi país que trabajan con la marca
  • [Deleted User]
    Hola,
    Gracias por participar en el foro de Polk. No creo que haya un manual de servicio para el amplificador. Sin embargo, hay un esquema del circuito disponible y le pediré a mi amigo de Polk que se lo envíe por correo electrónico.