Sorry PS4 Fans

Options
Nightfall
Nightfall Posts: 10,071
edited April 2014 in Video Games
Looks like there are loads of problems going on with the new PS4. As an Xbox fan, this is what we dealt with when the 360 first came out so I honestly feel your pain. It sucks to buy a console, be super excited about it, and have it break only to have to wait for a shipping box to arrive, ship it back, wait for it to be repaired, etc. Hopefully they get this all figured out.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/15/playstation-4-problems-crashing-no-video-and-instability-on-launch-day/

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/sony-looking-playstation-4-hardware-problems-eve-launch-2D11591131

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PS4_Problems

^This one actually has a poll

Works great! 52.39%
Won't power on. 6.73%
Pulsing blue light, no video signal. 12.71%
Controller-related issue. 1.14%
Error code or having Internet connection problems. 20.19%
Other problem. I'll comment below to report it. 7%
afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
Post edited by Nightfall on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hey... glad they beat Microsoft by a week... right? ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Bought the two , get one free game sale @ Target B&M . Could not find a system anywhere in the cities anywhere @ 3pm Friday or online? So I have to wait anyway. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Glad I didn't have any issue with mine. Ran the 1.5 firmware update. Signed in to PSN. Played the 2 Kill Zone Shadow Fall and CoD4 discs yesterday night without a hiccup.
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I am done with Sony forever after the amount of ps3's I went through!
  • DMara
    edited November 2013
    Options

I bet Sony is grateful for your decision :lol:
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
  • Dabutcher
    edited November 2013
    Options
    One PS1,One PS2, and two PS3's without a hicup. That's why I am sticking with Sony. They have always made awesome quality TV's in my lifetime too. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm probably going to wait at least 6 months before I buy a new console. Seems like the smart thing to do since many hot games are out on both the Ps3 and Xbox 360 right now.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Shoot. Until this I thought the launch had been smooth. Oh well. Save my money for something important.
  • aboroth00
    aboroth00 Posts: 1,103
    edited November 2013
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    I'm probably going to wait at least 6 months before I buy a new console. Seems like the smart thing to do since many hot games are out on both the Ps3 and Xbox 360 right now.

That was what I was thinking as well. Not too many games I REALLY want and there might be a problem...
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • aboroth00
    aboroth00 Posts: 1,103
    edited November 2013
    Options
    DMara wrote: »
    Glad I didn't have any issue with mine. Ran the 1.5 firmware update. Signed in to PSN. Played the 2 Kill Zone Shadow Fall and CoD4 discs yesterday night without a hiccup.

I'm glad as well buddy! ENJOY!
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • blueboxer
    blueboxer Posts: 621
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I played ghost back to back on the PS4 and 360 for a couple hours last night, still haven't gotten completely use to the PS4 remote, but I will say that the PS4 was noticeably smoother. In terms of graphics it wasn't a huge jump forward, but it was a improvement of 15-20%. Overall its nice, but the real comparison comes on friday.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'll be sticking with my gaming PC, haven't touched the PS3 in almost a year now. There are disadvantages obviously, mainly that I have to wait longer for some games like GTA V and will never get some games like the Forza series, but those are compromises I'm willing to make for a better experience...
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited November 2013
    Options

I really hate to say this, but you are not a "representative" user of anything. Your fails are epic! My PS3 is 4 or 5 year old, NOT one problem! I'll be sticking with it a while "longer". (fingers crossed).

That said, the PS4 is supposedly in the "supercomputer" class. So whenever they smooth things out, this would be the "choice"!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • blueboxer
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PC will always be superior to some extent, but I have always enjoyed consoles as well. Plus they are easier for the child to enjoy. I am interested in the functionality of the X1 and how it integrates the cable experience.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've never____ had a lick of a problem with my PS1,PS2 and PS3 consoles. Had a few friends back when PS1 was out for a couple of years who weren't smart enough to know you don't put the PS1 directly on the carpet. I'll wait awhile and see if the price comes down next year and there will be more new games to choose from. Also, hope Sony works the bugs out.
  • DMara
    edited November 2013
    Options
    blueboxer wrote: »
    PC will always be superior to some extent, but I have always enjoyed consoles as well. Plus they are easier for the child to enjoy. I am interested in the functionality of the X1 and how it integrates the cable experience.

True, and gaming consoles will also always be superior to some extent. Computer gaming generates too much noise and heat as well as earns low WAF. And to spend a couple grand for a good computer gaming rig is outrageous to a person like me who only plays a couple hours a week. At this age I spend my fun time more on movies and music than on games :lol:
    Living room:
    Bedroom:
    Other rooms:
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PFB going through a bunch of PS3s.... wonder how long it took to figure out you're supposed to dust them with a cloth rather than put them into the washing machine.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited November 2013
    Options
    True, and gaming consoles will also always be superior to some extent. Computer gaming generates too much noise and heat as well as earns low WAF. And to spend a couple grand for a good computer gaming rig is outrageous to a person like me who only plays a couple hours a week. At this age I spend my fun time more on movies and music than on games :lol:
    I assume it's been a while since you've built a gaming rig. I built a gaming PC a few months that's quieter than both my PS3 and 360 and puts off little to no heat due to a decent water cooling setup. It's fairly small, and could be even smaller if I'd wanted. Graphics are obviously better, but things like way faster load times and not having to deal with discs are also small advantages that add up.

I can't argue expense with you though. You certainly don't have to spend 2k to build one (my $1500 setup will play anything out there at max settings), but there's no arguing that a console is a more affordable solution than a gaming PC.
  • Devlon
    Devlon Posts: 355
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The best PS3 ever made was the CECHA01.
    1) It is totally backwards compatible and will play all PS1, PS2, PS3 games. There are a lot of great PS2 games out there than can easily be bought for 3>5.00 each.
    2) It is a superb SACD player
    3) It can read 3 different format camera card chips. Fun to see the holiday pics on the flat screen!
    4) 4 USB controller ports

I will sell it for 275.00. About 2 years ago the motherboard failed. Was sent back to Sony and a totally new one was installed. (Verification through serial# I imagine.) Daughter started losing interest in playing games right after that. This motherboard has about 50hrs on it. Seriously, it’s motherboard is essentially brand new.

Devlon
    Living Room: HK AVR 354 as pre/pro, 2 x Polk Audio Micropro 4000, Adcom GFA-7500, 2 x Mirage OMD-15
    2 x Mirage OMD-5, 1 x Mirage OMD-C1, APC H15, Sony S790, Philips 52" LCD, Beogram 3000, FAT (Firestone Audio Tobby DAC), Harmony One

Den: Sherwood R-972,as pre/pro, 2 x Velodyne SPL-1000R, 3 x Crown Drivecore XLS1500, 2 x Polk Audio Lsi9
    1 x Polk Audio Lsic, 2 x Polk Audio Lsifx, Sony S790, APC H15, Dspeaker Dual Core 2.0, W4S DAC 2, Keces DA-151
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Devlon wrote: »
    1) It is totally backwards compatible and will play all PS1, PS2, PS3 games. There are a lot of great PS2 games out there than can easily be bought for 3>5.00 each.
    3) It can read 3 different format camera card chips. Fun to see the holiday pics on the flat screen!

I will sell it for 275.00. About 2 years ago the motherboard failed. Was sent back to Sony and a totally new one was installed. (Verification through serial# I imagine.) Daughter started losing interest in playing games right after that. This motherboard has about 50hrs on it. Seriously, it’s motherboard is essentially brand new.

Devlon

Did you seriously just thread jack to sell your ps3 ?
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited November 2013
    Options

In the business business we call this this a pebcak error.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • Dabutcher
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sony sold a million units in the first 24 hours. I wonder how many of them were sold to resellers? Peace. D
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited November 2013
    Options

really? I'm on my 3rd Xbox 360..only had 1 PS3 (Slim)

EIther way..no way I would ever buy on day 1. I'll wait to see what happens between Microsoft and Sony .
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Got mine today from Amazon... works perfectly (so far). Amazing system. I feel like a little kid on christmas.
  • blueboxer
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Devlon wrote: »

Devlon

As much as this probably belongs in the for sale forum, I will have to admit that they have held their resale value very well. I sold mine for almost enough to pay for my PS4 about a year ago. All the options mentioned above will have their pros and cons and will suit one person more than another. The important thing is to find the one that works for you the best. Hopefully, I can answer the PS4 or X1 debate for myself this weekend.
  • jbooker82
    jbooker82 Posts: 1,627
    edited November 2013
    Options

Same here. I got mine through game stop. One report I seen said something about a lot of the problematic ones came from Amazon or they have a higher number of negative reviews. Could be related to rough handling.
    AVR: Onkyo Tx-NR808
    Amplifier: Carver A-753x 250 watts x 3
    Fronts: Polk RTI A7 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Center: CSI A4 (modded by Trey VR3)
    Rear: FXI A4
    Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    TV: LG Infinia 50PX950 3D
    Speaker Cable: AudioQuest Type 8
    IC: AudioQuest Black Mamba II
  • Cmerrill
    Cmerrill Posts: 6
    edited December 2013
    Options
    PS4 is working fine, no problems for and most people from what I understand.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Waited until the second stocking came out and love the PS4 it seems to be dominating by all accounts over the xbox, and besides MS sucks.

Beautiful fast graphics and the controller is very accurate.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My original 40 gig Ps3 died "ylod" after two years. Hardly ever gamed with with it, watched a ton of movies though and it was in a closed cabinet for a while. I think the heat in the cabinet is what damaged it. My replacement slim has been running strong since , outside of the cabinet of course.

I'll wait a while to purchase the ps4, I am not seeing it to be a large improvement over ps3, other than gaming, which I don't ever do.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My PS4 is running fine as well. I waited and bought one in January, so I may have missed the very first run.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"