Where'd all the beer threads go?

Comments

• Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,471
    Best IPA I have found in this area is from Wicked Week brewing in Asheville, NC. And they are another craft brewery that is being bought by Anheuser-Busch.

06ioo1fuhnqg.jpg

Modest HT - Sony STRDA3700ES, RT1000p, CS400i center, RT25i surrounds, Yamaha YST-SW160, Belkin PF30, Sony BDP-S390.
    Bedroom - HK AVR 340, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS245 center, Furez 10/2, Roku 3
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,515
    edited June 2
    I like the Dragon's milk but it is on the Sweet Side. if you can find some Mackenson **** Stout, give it a try! It is probably the best Sweet stout ever made based on what my taste bubs have found ;)

And I prefer the dryer Irish stout's over the sweet tasting British Stout's as the British use Milk sugar(lactose) to sweeten their beer's.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,223
    What a week! Wife was in Arizona for 5 days and I had the 3yo and 11mo solo. Woof!

To top it off, I couldn't get the GD cork out. :p

eysom5mdva9e.jpg
    Hybrid - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball
    The jury is still out on this coffee IPA. When I want my beer to taste like a stout, I drink a stout. When I want an IPA, more of the same.

Never at the same time.

9xulskpzsi6u.jpg
    Hybrid - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball
  • SamiSami Posts: 4,662
    Had to sink to store bought beer today as I have not time to brew.

j15zdtgh6ii0.jpg

You poser!
  • MalbecMalbec Posts: 365
    Sorry to hear that Sami.
    My last 3 Sundays have been hijacked from me. So i'll start milling grain in a couple of hours in prep for brew day tomorrow. No if and or buts.
    In the meantime...

oopokkzo8209.jpg
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,783
    Nice pour and color
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,329
    vbmvq2xcc98s.jpg
    Space Dust IPA and 703 rockin' some Muddy Waters at Dans.
    mrbiron wrote: »

eysom5mdva9e.jpg

Yeah, they're child proof bottles. Did the 11 month old open it for you? >:)
    edited June 3
    lightman1 wrote: »
    vbmvq2xcc98s.jpg
    Space Dust IPA and 703 rockin' some Muddy Waters at Dans.

And I see your vision is already blurred, or is it my vision
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Nice pour and color

This one is really growing on me.
    Malbec wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »

eysom5mdva9e.jpg

Yeah, they're child proof bottles. Did the 11 month old open it for you? >:)

Dems is fighting words!....sadly, a simple sneeze and the cork shot off the ceiling. I loosened it! :p

This was leftover from last weekend...it's my precursor to our ice cream trip in 10minutes.
    I f'n hate shandy's.
    pc8w2io4bb2l.jpg
    Camera shake from delirium tremens.
    Malbec wrote: »
    Camera shake from delirium tremens.

Nice name drop...
    o1qmrcyx0qbo.jpg
    Local brewpub with a rabid cult following.
    Cool music scene too. James McMurtry was there a few weeks ago.

cx88krjlm9ak.jpg
    edited June 3
    Is that their copper Ale^^^^

All right you twisted my arm, let me go see whats in da fridge
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    Can afford the Utopia but this will work
    zajt3cu6yq6t.jpg
    That's not the color :s
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,532
    edited June 3
    iv5u2az8dv4r.jpg

Hempen Gold lager brewed with Hemp Seeds smoother than the Hemp in Ale the Green Stuff. This is a gateway brew and has led me to checkout some of those Space Dust Brews. Careful with that Space Dust IPA Russ don't want Dan finding you wandering around incoherent B)

A little Beatles 50th Sgt Peppers to capture my inner Zen!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    Chocolate pudding with vanilla topper?

qtfy06l4zbj4.jpg

It's been empty for about 3 years. I just keep the bottle as a reminder of how stupid I was to buy it... ;)
    What year was that? People are asking crazy stupid prices for the utopias online.
    yile849g3m0s.jpg
    Is that their copper Ale^^^^

No. They do have a copper ale that is called......Copper Ale.
    I don't know what this one is. It's not a brown by color and it's not a red by taste.
    I'll have to ask next time I drop in.
    It's pretty damn tasty and that all that matters.
    qo4m4s8urcma.jpg
    edited June 4
    qo4m4s8urcma.jpg

You got to admit those LSIM's look pretty good flanked to the right of our beers :D A Pale Ale eh!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

edited June 4
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    qo4m4s8urcma.jpg

You got to admit those LSIM's look pretty good flanked to the right of our beers :D A Pale Ale eh!

LOL...NO
    ...I set my beers up on my laptop to absorb the bright white like from the ridiculous forum format
    I see what your saying, I assumed you had the recommended Ray Bans on, well if the background was not so bright I guess those LSIM's would look good flanked to the right of our beers.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

qo4m4s8urcma.jpg

Finally have Bell's in Texas! Cool. I'm brewing a Bell's Two Hearted copy as I type this.
    Haven't sampled the Amarillo yet.