Where'd all the beer threads go?

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Malbec wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »

To top it off, I couldn't get the GD cork out. :p

eysom5mdva9e.jpg

Yeah, they're child proof bottles. Did the 11 month old open it for you? >:)

Dems is fighting words!....sadly, a simple sneeze and the cork shot off the ceiling. I loosened it! :p

This was leftover from last weekend...it's my precursor to our ice cream trip in 10minutes.
    I f'n hate shandy's.
    pc8w2io4bb2l.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Camera shake from delirium tremens.
  • mrbiron
    Malbec wrote: »
    Camera shake from delirium tremens.

Nice name drop...
  • Malbec
    Local brewpub with a rabid cult following.
    Cool music scene too. James McMurtry was there a few weeks ago.

cx88krjlm9ak.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited June 2017
    Is that their copper Ale^^^^

All right you twisted my arm, let me go see whats in da fridge
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    Can afford the Utopia but this will work
    zajt3cu6yq6t.jpg
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    That's not the color :s

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited June 2017
    iv5u2az8dv4r.jpg

Hempen Gold lager brewed with Hemp Seeds smoother than the Hemp in Ale the Green Stuff. This is a gateway brew and has led me to checkout some of those Space Dust Brews. Careful with that Space Dust IPA Russ don't want Dan finding you wandering around incoherent B)

A little Beatles 50th Sgt Peppers to capture my inner Zen!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mrbiron
    Chocolate pudding with vanilla topper?

qtfy06l4zbj4.jpg

It's been empty for about 3 years. I just keep the bottle as a reminder of how stupid I was to buy it... ;)
  • Malbec
    What year was that? People are asking crazy stupid prices for the utopias online.
  • mrbiron
    yile849g3m0s.jpg
  • Malbec
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Is that their copper Ale^^^^

No. They do have a copper ale that is called......Copper Ale.
    I don't know what this one is. It's not a brown by color and it's not a red by taste.
    I'll have to ask next time I drop in.
    It's pretty damn tasty and that all that matters.
  • txcoastal1
    qo4m4s8urcma.jpg

• gudnoyez
    edited June 2017
    qo4m4s8urcma.jpg

You got to admit those LSIM's look pretty good flanked to the right of our beers :D A Pale Ale eh!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• txcoastal1
    edited June 2017
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    qo4m4s8urcma.jpg

You got to admit those LSIM's look pretty good flanked to the right of our beers :D A Pale Ale eh!

LOL...NO
    ...I set my beers up on my laptop to absorb the bright white like from the ridiculous forum format

• gudnoyez
    I see what your saying, I assumed you had the recommended Ray Bans on, well if the background was not so bright I guess those LSIM's would look good flanked to the right of our beers.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Malbec
    qo4m4s8urcma.jpg

Finally have Bell's in Texas! Cool. I'm brewing a Bell's Two Hearted copy as I type this.
    Haven't sampled the Amarillo yet.
  • mrbiron
    Foundations Brewery
    b20ie2nknbmk.jpg

Bissell Brothers Brewery. Forgot to get a picture of the sign...doh!
    n1t4yhfd1o9d.jpg

• mrbiron
    I was also at Maine Beer Co on Sunday but forgot to grab a picture there as well.

*stolen from the webs*
    995223_317236-20160801_mainebeerco.jpg
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I'm back home for the weekend. Dogfish Head 90 minute in the fridge and big ol' 6550 tubes are warming up.
    My sons are taking me out to fancy restaurant tomorrow. They said I have to bathe.....pfffft.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I'm back home for the weekend. Dogfish Head 90 minute in the fridge and big ol' 6550 tubes are warming up.
    My sons are taking me out to fancy restaurant tomorrow. They said I have to bathe.....pfffft.

Sounds like a plan! Water id our friend Russ
  • mrbiron
    And so it begins.
    Tis a sour one....

rk0lb6ehlqed.jpg
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    mrbiron wrote: »
    And so it begins.
    Tis a sour one....

rk0lb6ehlqed.jpg

Oooh!! I've heard of those but have never been able to find it. A full report on my desk by 9AM........
  • mrbiron
    22 ounces of sour.....hoooooowee!
    Definitely have to know what your getting into when you grab one of these. This one is probably on the more sour end of the spectrum (only based on what I've had).
    I say give it a try if the opportunity presents itself. A deuce-deuce is a little much. A 12ounce would have been much better.

8 ounces to go :#
  • gudnoyez
    choqrj93v7rc.jpg

PECATONICA-Alphorn Ale

not bad a tad on the sweet side but still very enjoyable
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    n853iyegfgkg.jpg
    m6ag99a0c0lz.jpg

These are tasty and go down way too easy!
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • Malbec
    Holy moly, that's a melange of hops that I've never seen before!
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Yeah, most ipa's are either citrusy or resinous. This one's both - and malty, a little sweet and not surprisingly, a touch boozy. I still like Melvin's 2x4 better but this one's fun.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • mrbiron
    I'm topping off my day with this 9% "Emperial" IPA.
    That should really help flair the heartburn. :/

7mm85dkqeodh.jpg