Contacts!

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,038
edited June 2003 in The Clubhouse
Woooooooooooooooooo, no one cares.......but I got contacts! YAY! No more glasses, but dude this is kinda weird......lol.....
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2003
    Options
    You know, I've been wearing glasses for almost thirty years and I still can't stomach the thought of sticking **** in my eyes.....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited June 2003
    Options
    hehe......tried them, no thanks I'll take glasses. :cool:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Lasik here, the only way to fly.

Did glasses, would NEVER do contacts, just couldn't. Finger, Open eye - EEK! No thank you.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited June 2003
    Options
    ****, at times I got enough trouble getting a fork into my pie hole....a little lens in my eye, yeah, right.

Jesus, Russ, where did you find glasses that would FIT your melon?

BDT
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by TroyD

At your momma's house, why?

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Jesus, man, I got NOTHING....

BDT
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Dayum!..you took his head clean off.

Are there only certain types of vision problems where you can have lasik? Or is that something brewing in the rumor mills?
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Troy,

Keep practicing, it's the only way to get to Carnegie Hall.

Liquid,

I forget what it's called, but they can fix near and far sightedness now, along with astigmatism (sp?)

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • TroyD
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Man, normally, I LIVE for **** like this but man, I'm STILL drawing a blank......

Ima skulk back to my hidey hole...

BDT
  • VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    not to bad.....lol, took me 30 minutes to get my left contact in.....and 1 minute to get my right one in.....because now i know the trick....neways!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Mx,

I got contacts when I was fourteen too. Much better than glasses for me because I had coke bottle glasses. I have always been an active person so the contacts were really great for sports.

Trick is to gently pull down your lower eyelid and just pop it in and then gently move it around and then blink. You'll be getting both in within a minute really fast really soon.

When you turn 18 look into LASIK like Russ had. I had it done too and it has completely changed my life. 5 minutes of really nerveracking "surgery" but worth it in my book. I would do it again in a heartbeat. My surgeon was the first to perform LASIK in the United States and co-authored the textbook which is used to train other doctors. He was the most expensive though; I reckoned your eyesight is nothing to gamble with bargain prices with.

Paul
  • VR3
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I plan to get lasik, my step mom works at an eye doctor, so I get a discount! @_@, yeah, Ill get good at it soon! Yeah, glasses are not good for sports, when you get hit.....man.......that hurts
  • TroyD
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Well, don't get hit ;)

BDT
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited June 2003
    Options
    TroyD opens the bout with a wicked line from the past!

Russman strikes back with an open handed **** -Slap to the back side of BDT's melon!
    At your momma's house, why?

This one is over before it even really starts! TroyD has been spanked like a red headed step-child in K-Mart under the blue light special sign!
    Jesus, man, I got NOTHING....
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • pjdami
    edited June 2003
    Options
    LOL.

You guys crack me up. That's what makes Club Polk special. There are so many unique personalities in here. Its cool. Like a bunch of dudes hanging around the campfire drinking beer and telling stories, making fun of each other, whatever...

Its like a soap opera for men.. worthy of The Man Show greatest.

Sure, there are battles and I have seen it get ugly at times .. but besides that its entertaining. We get to talk about stuff other than audio and learn about life. Other forums I visit are good too, but too damn dry for me. Like going to military school or something...strickly business and studies. Its good to get loose sometimes. Sure we learn a lot about audio from each other...but we also vicariously share some life experiences too.

ATC,

Hang in there bud. Technology is changing at a rapid pace with the eye surgery. Wandering eye shouldn't be a problem I think. They put a suction cup on your cornea so you can't move it. Also, there is a new technology called Ladervision which tracks minute movements of your eye while its being zapped by the laser so it keeps the desired setpoints in the exact locations.

Mine cost me $4,000 and that was exactly three years ago two days ago. Here's a link to Dr. Brint's website if you want more info and want to learn more. He's the best ... several pro golfers got their surgery from him too.

http://www.brintvision.com/index.cfm/whychoose

PJD
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Classic stuff. Glad to see everyone having fun again. :)

MX: I've been wearing contacts for over 10 years, and I don't think I would ever go back to glasses. I wear disposables. Every few weeks or so (sometimes longer), I pop em out, throw em away, and put a fresh pair in.

Lasik, now that is something I'm considering. Russman how long has it been since you had your surgery? No problems? Are you 20/20 now or what?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Phuz,

It's been 4 years, *almost* no issues. Turned out that the company I was working for at the time had a loophole in the health insurance. Dr. Tylock (locally) was in the books as an eye doctor, so any in-office visit was just a $20 co-pay.

Well, Dr. Tylock does Lasick. All I can tell you is out of 200+ techs, probably 100-120 had it done in a period of 2-3 weeks, before the insurance company caught on.

My wife, the lovely former Ms. Brovont paid for it actually. $40 for Lasik, for the both of us.

I'm 20/10 in my left eye, 20/15 in my right now. (was 20/70 -20/50 respectively). Now the one issue. I NEVER wore sunglasses before. period. I could stand in front of a nuclear blast, no problem with the light. Now, I *prefer* shades, not a mandatory thing, but I'd rather go with them, than without.

Other than that, I had a little dryness the first month/6 weeks after, just kept using drops, no issues now.

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2003
    Options
    dup post, edited
  • pjdami
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Wow Russ,

Eagle eyes to go with them canine hearing ears of yours

:)

I was terrible before..20/500 and 20/550. I couldn't make out the big E without glasses or contacts. Just a big black blurr.

After surgery I was like 20/15 and 20/20. Now I'm like 20/25 somedays 20/20 on other days. Tend to see better on crystal clear bright days as opposed to cloudy days...its weird.

Same dryness problems at first. Genteal drops everyday. Not a problem now. No problem for brightness for me either. Its a good idea to wear shades though and protect your eyes from UV light too.

PJD
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2003
    Options
    i've been wearing soft contacts since I was 18 yrs old.. back in 1980. i'm still wearing them today. not the same pair of couse. :D

I love soft contacts. i can even touch my eyes now without wigging out. it's a small talent I have. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • TroyD
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Son of a BEE-YATCH....

Here it is, the next friggin' day, and I still got a big bag of NOTHIN'

Man, I got pimped more than Russ's Mom on rent day.

BDT
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Weak, lame, booooooo!

Better to just walk away big dumb.
  • TroyD
    edited June 2003
    Options
    yeah, that was weak....

I been stompin' around cursin' like you opening up a box and finding the Dave ;)

BDT
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2003
    Options
    The only glasses I need are beer glasses. Other than that, I'm 20/20, just had ye'ol eyeballs checked last week.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    The only glasses I need are beer glasses. Other than that, I'm 20/20, just had ye'ol eyeballs checked last week.

Hey man, got any of them new fangled beer glasses? And another thing will they make me look funny cause you know I don't want nobody makin fun of me and my new beer glasses.Oh yeah, does that come with a free case of beer with purchase.

Next week at the bar:

Yeah I know they look effed up, and will you please quit trying to pour beer on me!
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2003
    Options

Don't worry Ron. Your day will come. I too had 20/20 until I hit 47. I was reading a book at lunch one day and when I took a drink all the sudden the page went a little blurry (covered up my good eye with the glass). Thats when the realization that reading glasses were required. I can still read some without glasses but they sure are a help BUT they sure are a pain in the a$$ to keep up with after all of these years of not needing them.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Contacts here as well... Raised on hard lenses where you needed a "break-in" schedule to give your eyes time to adjust to the pain... First time I put in a soft lens, I thought I'd missed my eye. Can't even tell there in.

Troy,
    C'mon man. Frank's pokin' fun. We are all becoming disillusioned... It's right in front of you man.

Russ' big head...
    His momma...
    Childbirth...

Work it out... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma

Russ' big head...
    His momma...
    Childbirth...

Work it out... :D

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I ain't workin' NOTHING out.

Man, people want to kick my ****, stick my dingus in thier faces, pick on my momma because she is horizontally available....

EFF IT AN EFF YOU ALL!!

I catch that mongloid-headed, mouth breathin' **** hanging around my Mom's house and Ima be on him like a fat kid on a cupcake.

BDT:D
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by ATCVenom
    Also got a wondering eye.

As for getting hit by some ball while wearing glasses. Yep. Glasses are almost like a damn magnet for that ****. I put them on, things just zoomed at my head. My hard head faired well, not the frames, I am afraid...
    The only glasses I need are beer glasses.

You guys *ARE* talking about getting drunk and accidently walking into a **** bar, right?

Not that there is anything wrong with walking into a **** bar if that is your intention.... certainly it is all right to wonder...