Interest check on a gathering at The Chris Jazz Cafe

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,707
edited January 2009 in Gatherings & Special Events
Was wondering how many would be interested in getting together for a night out at the Chris Jazz Cafe in Center City Philadelphia?

http://www.chrisjazzcafe.com/

It's on Sansom Street between 15th and Broad and about a block and a half from City Hall and the shopping district. Independence Mall is about 5 blocks away too. It's a good afternoon/evening thing to do for a night out. It's also live music and food isn't cheap but it's not that expensive. About $50 a person including drinks. There might be a cover charge depending on when we go and who is playing.

So anybody interested? We could call ahead for group seating or make a reservation. It's not a huge venue but they can seat a fairly large party. An off night would guarantee more availability too but less in the way of performances.

So who is interested in a Club Polk Night at the Chris Jazz Cafe?

BTW, service is good and friendly and easy on the eyes for either gender and the food is outstanding!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited January 2009
    first round is on me for all and any invited Eagle fans ;)
  • Jstas
    edited January 2009
    Good job ****, way to just kill the thread before it even starts.

Now it's going to turn in to a big old joke.

This isn't the forum for your BS. Keep it in the Clubhouse.

• CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited January 2009
    Sounds good, im up for beer and meeting polkies.. im in north philly (Warminster area in bucks Co) Set a date, im there!
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited January 2009
    To help put the thread back on track in the original spirit. I'm interested-- I'm up for a night out. I have a busy home life-so I wouldn't know for sure if I'd be able to go until I had some idea of when--I'd have to plan and beg the wife ;)

-Madden

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited January 2009
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    To help put the thread back on track in the original spirit. I'm interested-- I'm up for a night out. I have a busy home life-so I wouldn't know for sure if I'd be able to go until I had some idea of when--I'd have to plan and beg the wife ;)

-Madden

wine her, dine her, give her "mmadden treat" night before and give her rose in the morning next day. It should work!! :D Tell her its polkie guy night out!! and spend 50 bucks!! lol

Heck i have to beg wife too, :D WOMEN!!! heheheh
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • Jstas
    edited January 2009
    Bring the wives with you.

And for those who leave punk-**** tags, if you can't say it to my my face then then you're just a coward hiding behind a computer screen.

• CaligulaPolk
    edited January 2009
    when were you thinking about getting together??

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for pointing out the tags to the rest of us.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2009
    The same individual is responsible for all the tags.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited January 2009
    Wow...those tags are pretty lame. Why do people have to be so stupid and immature?
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited January 2009
    what tags, what are u guys talking about??

• comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited January 2009
    what tags, what are u guys talking about??

Look right below the bottom post. There's a bar there that says "Tags"...and there are some rather rude comments in it.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited January 2009
    Look right below the bottom post. There's a bar there that says "Tags"...and there are some rather rude comments in it.

oh yeah, i see it now, VERY IMMATURE!!

• Jstas
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I've decided, forget about it.

I'm not dealing with the suck **** attitudes and punk **** anonymous messages I keep getting.

That's the last time I try to organize anything fun for this group.

If y'all who showed interest want to go, the place is real easy to get to. It's between 15th and Broad on Sansom St. If you want to drive in to the city, there is a parking garage at the corner of 15th and Sansom, prices get cut pretty good after about 6pm. It's not even a full block worth of walking away from the club.

There will be a cover charge. How much that cover charge is depends on what night you go and who is playing. If you actually heard of the person before, you can bet the cover charge won't be cheap. Probably around $20 maybe a bit more. However, if you have tickets to a show at one of the local theaters, they will waive a cover charge if you stop in before or after the show for a drink or food or both. Last time I was there, they gave me two passes. Each pass was good for the waiving of the cover charge for two people if you were gettin' food.

Watch the calendar. If you see someone you like scheduled for a certain date, make reservations cause the dining area fills up quick and if you want to see the band, the bar section is the farthest away.

Otherwise, the food is good, the music is good, the wait staff is good the atmosphere is classic, slightly cramped jazz club and it's all a pile of fun! The bar can make you anything you'd like from a virgin daiquiri to a manhattan. The food is a cosmopolitan take on classic southern cooking. It can get pricey real quick if you throw caution to the wind but it's a great night out in Center City.

Have fun, maybe you might see me there with my girl.

• CaligulaPolk
    edited January 2009
    Jstas wrote: »
    Yeah, I've decided, forget about it.

I'm not dealing with the suck **** attitudes and punk **** anonymous messages I keep getting.

That's the last time I try to organize anything fun for this group.

If y'all who showed interest want to go, the place is real easy to get to. It's between 15th and Broad on Sansom St. If you want to drive in to the city, there is a parking garage at the corner of 15th and Sansom, prices get cut pretty good after about 6pm. It's not even a full block worth of walking away from the club.

There will be a cover charge. How much that cover charge is depends on what night you go and who is playing. If you actually heard of the person before, you can bet the cover charge won't be cheap. Probably around $20 maybe a bit more. However, if you have tickets to a show at one of the local theaters, they will waive a cover charge if you stop in before or after the show for a drink or food or both. Last time I was there, they gave me two passes. Each pass was good for the waiving of the cover charge for two people if you were gettin' food.

Watch the calendar. If you see someone you like scheduled for a certain date, make reservations cause the dining area fills up quick and if you want to see the band, the bar section is the farthest away.

Otherwise, the food is good, the music is good, the wait staff is good the atmosphere is classic, slightly cramped jazz club and it's all a pile of fun! The bar can make you anything you'd like from a virgin daiquiri to a manhattan. The food is a cosmopolitan take on classic southern cooking. It can get pricey real quick if you throw caution to the wind but it's a great night out in Center City.

Have fun, maybe you might see me there with my girl.

It is shame that you decided to forget it. What a shame! Well, i will try figure out when my wife and i can go out alone and maybe meet you guys there sometime if we plan to. Thank you for trying set up philly polkies to get together.