Ces 2009

thsmith
thsmith Posts: 6,082
edited January 2009 in Gatherings & Special Events
Anyone here going ? Starts Thursday.
Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
Post edited by thsmith on

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    edited January 2009
    No. I buy old stuff, not new stuff!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2009
    I can see this coming: as the economy is in the crapper, all manufacturer will start a "GREEN" gears program, recycling old technology for the masses....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • ZOOPDOOP22
    ZOOPDOOP22 Posts: 158
    edited January 2009
    polkatese wrote: »
    I can see this coming: as the economy is in the crapper, all manufacturer will start a "GREEN" gears program, recycling old technology for the masses....

Oh please god no. I'm actually just hoping for a word on a new generation of netbooks as well as 3rd tier chinese manufactureres driving the prices of 1080p lcd/plasma down since sharp and lg fixed their prices.

Also I'm looking forward to the demo of Windows 7 as I am out of town and do not have my external dvd drive to burn and install the windows 7 beta on my 1000h. I can also hope for Windows Mobile 7.

I wont be there.. but I will be watching from afar.

Edit: I don't want to make a new thread but I'm also looking forward to the last macworld.. If there is ever a good time for a serious "one more thing.." it is tomorrow.
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited January 2009
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    No. I buy old stuff, not new stuff!

Neighbor I guess you're not interested then in CES:rolleyes:
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • DeusExa
    DeusExa Posts: 491
    edited January 2009
    wanted to go! Figured not worth the trouble....just looking online now.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2009
    I want to know how the Pass Labs SR-1's sound. I'm in the process of building a pair of custom speakers and they just happen to have what appears to be the same midrange.

http://www.passlabs.com/images/sr-1/sr1_images.htm
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2009
    Face wrote: »
    and they just happen to have what appears to be the same midrange.

Yep looks like all SEAS Nextel drivers and SEAS Excel tweet.

I noticed them on their site several months ago but they still have not posted any info on them.I like the separate mid tweet /bass enclosure arangement ,I used this set up on my mains, but they don't look anything near as good as those.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited January 2009
    Where's it at? Looks like it's in Vegas. I won't be going in that case. If they had it in Chicago I'd be there.
    Face wrote: »
    I want to know how the Pass Labs SR-1's sound. I'm in the process of building a pair of custom speakers and they just happen to have what appears to be the same midrange.

Those are some sexy speakers...Are those 4 way's? Or is one of the drivers a passive radiator? I'm really digging the two seperate cabinets design.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2009
    Yes, they're 4 ways.

As for cabinet design, I'll be going modular also. One cabinet for the woofer, one for the mid and tweeter. I kind of wish I did just build one cab though, then wiring would be simpler.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • xand1x
    xand1x Posts: 11
    edited January 2009
    Anyone have anything to report from CES? :)