Bay Area Dinner Meetup 11/06/08

2»

Comments

• fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited November 2008
    Sorry, I won't be able to join you guys tomorrow night. My daughter's computer is dead, and her portfolio to apply for the major program is all on that dead meat. The deadline is this Friday. My sys admin said he would try his best to rescue the data from her notebook. If nothing else, I will have a computer to fix (or purchase) and deliver tomorrow.

-fredv-
  • Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    edited November 2008
    Sorry to hear that Fred...was looking forward to a visit. Good luck with the data recovery.

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited November 2008
    Thanks, Ron.
    You and Steve met her in my house last year. She worked so hard to build this portfolio in the last 2 months, and it was heart broken to see her being so helpless. If it were a M$ box, I would have no problem to diagnose it, but this is a freaking MacBook. Otherwise, I would have started working on it ....

-fredv-
  • Ron Temple
    edited November 2008
    To anyone I haven't met...I'm 6.5 with white/grey hair. Reservations are under my name. Come say hello.

RT

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2008
    hey someone take pictures. we need pictures. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2008
    Dinner went great...they even separated us from the regular patrons because they heard how loud we were at the bar before dinner ;)

Its pretty damn awesome to meet and talk with people that are as passionate about these long gone ( But not forgotten ) speakers as you know you are...good times.

I tried to leave around the time Luc and Ron did...and actually ended up standing up in conversation for another hour or so with the rest of the motley crew. :D
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited November 2008
    Glad to hear everyone had a great time. Pics or it didn't happen.
  • Ron Temple
    edited November 2008
    We didn't take any pics...decided to screw you guys who live vicariously through others...:p.

Great time, a couple of new faces :), a couple of no shows :(, lots of talk, nothing decided, the next one is at someone's house.

Welcome BJ and Azi to the group.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited November 2008
    Pics..we ain't got no pics...we don't need no stinkin pics..
    Actually pretty funny in that Azi and I are photographers....of course had there been some hot women there, I'm sure we'd have gotten pics.
    Probably the last happening for me until after retail hell...I mean Christmas.

-Luc

Ron Temple wrote: »
    We didn't take any pics...decided to screw you guys who live vicariously through others...:p.

Great time, a couple of new faces :), a couple of no shows :(, lots of talk, nothing decided, the next one is at someone's house.

Welcome BJ and Azi to the group.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2008
    Ron, the driver I have here for the 9 cu ft sub cabinet with the two 18" CSS PR's IS a CSS driver as well...the SDX-15 http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=SDX15 ...its the only one I havent gotten together yet and the one for the life of me couldnt remember the name of last night. :o And a shot of those caps I couldnt remember the name of either ....damn and I wasnt sucking down the wine at dinner either :confused:

SDX15S.JPG

Here are the 2 new eD enclosures I just received day before yesterday...this time I asked them to brace completely around the drivers outline...and they did a hell of a job at it....1" mdf all around with a 2" front baffle...roundover edges ...flush mounted drivers and their new paint too :)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Ron Temple
    edited November 2008
    SON, I want to hear those eD subs. Last week, I delivered a Conquest to a local SJ guy. I can't believe he lives in an apartment (maybe not for long). I'm going to give him a call too.

Anyway, very cool projects...next time tell your cousin/nephew(?), that he can talk too :D.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • Surfdog62
    Surfdog62 Posts: 5
    edited November 2008
    WOW - it's already been a week since we had supper together! Just a quick note of thanks to Ron, Luc, Azi, Steve and John for the warm welcome last week. It was great to finally meet some of the local Polkies. I'm looking forward to future get togethers and meeting some of the other locals who weren't able to attend last week.

Now, it's time for me to get busy finishing up my livingroom remodel and firing the 1.2tl's back up again!

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to all,
    B. J.