Pioneer Elite DV-05

Options
reeltrouble1
reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
edited May 2003 in Electronics
Anybody have any experience with this player, pioneer dv-05? I know its a little late to ask, but I saw one ebay, with 5 min to bid, needed another player so I bid and got it. I remembered reading some posts about the pioneer elite line that were favorable.

I see it is THX certified, but not a progressive scan. Would I be better off using this one for the bedroom system which has a digital component TV or in the HT system which has HDTV?
Post edited by reeltrouble1 on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited May 2003
    Options
    The Pioneer Elite Dv-05 was one of the best DD player when it came out.It was 1,000.00 new.
    It's a great DVD player if you have a scaler.Progressive it is not.

How much???If you paid more then 450.00,not worth it in todays market as PIoneer has the new DV45a on the market right around there.Better video quality.

Don't get me wrong,this is one fine DVD player as I was going to buy one.I loved the thing.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Mantis,

I got it for 192.00. Seemed like a decent price. Will just have to see how it plays with my other stuff. Since I am new to this, need to have stuff to try!!! :lol: OK, so what do you mean by a scaler?

Thanks for the info.

BTW I sent the check today.
  • Hector Monte
    Hector Monte Posts: 25
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I have one when it first came out and I paid $300 for it. It's great, It's very quiet and It is still my main DVD player. It works perfect with my Pioneer Elite 36TX. Enjoy it!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Hector Monte,
    I have no Idea how you got that player for that price when it first came out.That price is 1/2 of dealer cost then.......makes no sense........but your a lucky **** nonetheless to get a supis deal like that........nice man.

I'm a big fan of Pioneer Elite equipment.It's always my first choice and I measure everything else to it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.