BANDPASS for civic trunk w/ 2 mm124's

MOMOcivic
MOMOcivic Posts: 20
edited May 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I hit 143 with my 2 MM124's but i was thinking of walling off the 2 subs behind the seat and proting the bandpass box through my back deck into the cab of the car to try and produce a lil more pressure in the cab to raise my db....does anyone have any input into this? or any ideas? i would really appreciate it, thanks.
1 pair MM124
2 pair MM6 6.5
1 Rockford 700s for the subs
1 Rockford 500x for the seperates
1 Rockford One Farad Cap
Sony Xav-7w head unit
All Monster wire, RCA's, fuse blocks and battery terminals.
Post edited by MOMOcivic on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    ... i wouldn't do that if they (they being any generic group of people) paid me.

sound quality goes down the drain... however if all you're concerned about is SPL points, then without thinking about it, i'd say ya you'd probably go up a few points.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MOMOcivic
    MOMOcivic Posts: 20
    edited May 2003
    Do you really think that i would loose that much of SQ if i did that? I wanna be right around 146ish and i think building that box would help me get there.....if anyone has any other suggestions i would really appreciate it
    1 pair MM124
    2 pair MM6 6.5
    1 Rockford 700s for the subs
    1 Rockford 500x for the seperates
    1 Rockford One Farad Cap
    Sony Xav-7w head unit
    All Monster wire, RCA's, fuse blocks and battery terminals.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    u may get that extra 3 db's out of a BP enclosure -- but as far as whether or not i think u'll loose that much quality? yes i do... if you want a whole discussion on that -- read the very long 3 page discussion that we all had on bandpass a few months ago -- in in the "Car Audio and Electronics" part of Club Polk / On the Move, and titled something like "bandpass something er other". there are a few rough graphs of response curves which give a good demonstration of how a woofer goes from FLAT to FAT -- and that's not with a "ph".
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge