Is DYNAMAT really that good??

Options
2»

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It is worth the difference if you installed it properly. Not just in making things quieter but cutting way down on resonance.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Ford has had pretty good sound deadening for a long while. My Thunderbird was like a vault for a car that stickered for around $24K new in 1994. I know they are stepping up the game because the Five Hundred, when new, before it was rebadged the Taurus, got higher sound isolation ratings that every other car company but Lexus and even then they were only a couple points behind with it. Go test drive a new Taurus and see for yourself. That is a very well executed piece of automotive engineering and it can be had for around $22K nicely appointed.

its a ford though.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Why do people outside your car have to hear what you are listening to inside the car?
    I had a convertible rental and was driving down the road and kept hearing this BLARING annoying **** sounding music and couldn't figure out whose car it was coming from and come to find out it was from some **** moron in a Grand Cherokee that had a speaker mounted behind his grill so everyone could hear what he was listening to inside his sealed up car........**** idiot...........i had 30 miles with that tard all around me.....
    Ford has had pretty good sound deadening for a long while. My Thunderbird was like a vault for a car that stickered for around $24K new in 1994. I know they are stepping up the game because the Five Hundred, when new, before it was rebadged the Taurus, got higher sound isolation ratings that every other car company but Lexus and even then they were only a couple points behind with it. Go test drive a new Taurus and see for yourself. That is a very well executed piece of automotive engineering and it can be had for around $22K nicely appointed.
    I had a Taurus rental for a week and a half and I did like that car. I could squeal all 4 tires which was fun. THe only things I didn't like were the drivers seat couldn't go lower (it seems to sit high), and there's a LOT of crap around you to where you feel like you're in a smaller car than you should with that thing being as big as it is......but overall, that thing was fun to drive.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited October 2008
    Options
    brettw22 wrote: »
    I had a convertible rental and was driving down the road and kept hearing this BLARING annoying **** sounding music and couldn't figure out whose car it was coming from and come to find out it was from some **** moron in a Grand Cherokee that had a speaker mounted behind his grill so everyone could hear what he was listening to inside his sealed up car........**** idiot...........i had 30 miles with that tard all around me.....

I had a Taurus rental for a week and a half and I did like that car. I could squeal all 4 tires which was fun. THe only things I didn't like were the drivers seat couldn't go lower (it seems to sit high), and there's a LOT of crap around you to where you feel like you're in a smaller car than you should with that thing being as big as it is......but overall, that thing was fun to drive.

Yeah, I felt like I was driving a truck too but being a fairly smaller individual, it was extremely spacious for me. But what impressed me the most was the back seat. I could sit back and my head was not under the rear window like alot of Japanese cars out now. Also, I had a good 8 inches of head room and even with my feet squarely planted on the floor, my toes were not under the front seat. I had about 10 inches of space from my knees to the back of the front seat.

If I was in the market for a family car, I would not hesitate to plunk down 20 large on that car...and then promptly rip the stereo out and put my own junk in!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!