How do I?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited May 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have 2 12" subs with an enclosed box, I would like to know what I could do to make it where it is not able to move around the trunk so much. Also, I don't want to have to drill, do you have any suggestions??
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited May 2003
    If you don't wnat to drill there is really only one soultion that comes to my mind. Get some industrial strength velcro (some have adhesive on the back) and eith glue it or stick it to your boxes and your trunk. Either that or drill.
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited May 2003
    BUNGEE CORDS! :D

Seriously. They hold the box from sliding around well enough. I've used them in 2 cars with much success.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    John -- where can i get two large velcro patches that are like 10 x 10 inches -- the sticky sides will adhesive themselves to carpet, and that'll support approximately a 75 - 80 pound box --- does anyone make anything like that? (not sarcasm -- its an actual question... the f***** floor int he subaru has a piece of goddamn carboard instead of metal cuz the spare tire wel lis under the cardboard.... i HATE **** CARS!). so i can't even drill into anything.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited May 2003
    Try a fabric store like Jo-Ann Fabrics or something. They are in the phone book if you don't know where a fabric store is.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited May 2003
    Yep Vinny fabric stores carry the stuff. It may not be that large but I know that they sell it in packages that have like four or five 4x1" strips or something like that.
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    cool beans...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge