Displacement value of EX12 series2?

Mervin
Mervin Posts: 6
edited May 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I posted an thread regarding a bandpass box for EX12's.
I have decided not to use the owner's manual specs, but to build my own box, suiting my needs, using WinISD (with some proffesional help).

I am almost done getting the caracteristics I prefer, but need to know the EX12's displacements to accurately build the box.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!:)
Post edited by Mervin on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    i dont know offhand -- prolly hard to even find online -- but its somethin pitiful small... like 0.09 i think. not enough to even throw off your box design i would think.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Mervin
    edited May 2003
    I already did some searching online, its not even mentioned in the owners manual.

I really want toaccount for this, cause this will be the first time I will build a bandpass box, build several ported and numerous sealed ones, and I dont want to have the thought of 'it could probably sound better if I accounted for the displacement' haunting in my head, especially knowing how B-P boxes react when not designed properly.

I hope someone can supply me with the actual displacement, otherwise I will have to work with a 'guestimate' and have the haunting!!
    (or drop this thing under water to see displacment increase-LOL)

Polk techs????
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited May 2003
    you can always call the polkies up on the phone -- there's an 800# somewhere on the site. kim or someone has to have it written down sompleace.
  • Mervin
    edited May 2003
    I do not lve in the US!

I live in Suriname - South America where they charge you $1.50 a minute to call the US!!

Will you hold........ dont think so!!!!

Can anyone help, or just shake a Polazoid awake!!

Thanks!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited May 2003
    ya -- i just dug up the owners manual -- no help there... which pretty much sucks **** -- at least the other manual's usually have displacement...

well... for the DX 12 -- the displacement is 0.042 cubic feet for the 10" and 0.062 cubic feet for the 12" ... since the magnet on the EX 12 is smaller, and basket depth is slightly less -- i would venture to say that 0.042 would be a "very good" estimate for the EX 12 displacement. i'm sorry to say that's the best my web searching can do ... but u see what i mean by pitiful small -- 0.04 or 0.05 is something so tiny that just the insertion of a handfull of polyfill could alter a box's characterisitics by that amount.
  • Mervin
    edited May 2003
    Thanks PoweredByDodge, youve been a great help, saw your other post also, about the bandpass ('scratches head' ... LOL), I will build this box and post results in time!!
    Cross your fingers for me!!:)
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited May 2003
    ... will do :) Good Luck Dude :D