1 hour later...

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,020
and I FINALLY GOT THOSE EFFIN POS RATSHACK NANNER PLUGS ON MY MAINS!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!! Talk about some complicated little 6 dollar POS!!!! lol! Well after i got it hooked up, the left main didnt work...so I took off the red cable...and moved it up..and now it works. Now it is time to do the right main! lol!
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• VR3
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Welp, all hooked up! Wow sounds a tad clearer with the 12 guage and nanner plugs! Woo hoo! Im all 12 guage again!!! lol! Now im official BROKE! Infact, for the first time...I OWE MONEY!!! lol!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Can you really tell a difference?????? I wen't from reciever power to amp power and back , couldn't tell a difference, have changed all my interconnects from basic walmarts to upper grade AR connects, couldn't tell a difference in sound or video, what's next, am i just simple and can't tell the difference like some on here claim or what, is this a good thing or bad that i can't see/hear any differences when i change stuff
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • VR3
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Saves ya money, My Adcom sounds worlds better than my PE receiver, and I hear a slight difference, not worth 6 bucks of a difference. I payed 6 bucks for the easy connect, and so I could use 12 guage wire.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by faster100
    Can you really tell a difference?????? I wen't from reciever power to amp power and back , couldn't tell a difference, have changed all my interconnects from basic walmarts to upper grade AR connects, couldn't tell a difference in sound or video, what's next, am i just simple and can't tell the difference like some on here claim or what, is this a good thing or bad that i can't see/hear any differences when i change stuff
    faster,
    If you don't hear a difference, don't sweat it. Many don't, many do.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited May 2003
    Options
    faster100,
    I wen't from reciever power to amp power and back , couldn't tell a difference, have changed all my interconnects from basic walmarts to upper grade AR connects, couldn't tell a difference in sound or video,
    I am actually sad to hear you say that.I'm also suprised you couldn't hear the difference from a power amp to a receiver and back.Thats strange.....
    What are basic Wallmart interconnects?Aren't they AR???I never really heard a difference between AR and standard patch cables byself as I have listened.........not much difference at all,better build quality I'll go that far.

Well I'm sorry to hear this anyway.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited May 2003
    Options
    meny only think there here a difference,it the he said she said syndrom. one of the biggest mythes in audio. my .02 cents.

scott:cool:
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I am also surprised about the receiver/power amp. Going from my Marantz to the Adcoms was a huge increase in sound quality.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • VR3
    edited May 2003
    Options
    no kiddin ron..
  • faster100
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    faster100,

I am actually sad to hear you say that.I'm also suprised you couldn't hear the difference from a power amp to a receiver and back.Thats strange.....
    What are basic Wallmart interconnects?Aren't they AR???I never really heard a difference between AR and standard patch cables byself as I have listened.........not much difference at all,better build quality I'll go that far.

Well I'm sorry to hear this anyway.

actually no walmart doesnt carry Acoustic research cables, I had some RCA brand and GE or some such before, and actually i bought the master series and pro 2 series AR's which can't be had at best buy, The composit video cable master series i have sells on parts express right now for $59.00 so i don't think its walmart grade cables by no means, and for the 3 dollar price tag in the box i guess i can't complain and it has to be better then the others i had.. And i will never spend 100's on a single cable on my budget and gear level, so to each is own, i plan to upgrade my cheapo speaker wire to Monster Xp and that will be as high a level as i go unless i find the right deal..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited May 2003
    Options
    After all i also only had a 2 channel amp on my mains so maybe that is why i couldnt tell a difference :( I don't know
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Number of channels doesn't influence it. You simply did not hear a difference, and there's nothing wrong with that or you.

Many years ago Stereo Review conducted a controlled study (double blind/ A-B-X) of expensive speaker wire (MC as I remember) vs lamp cord. Many believers in high-wire, those who heard a difference when they dropped hundreds (or thousands) for wire for their personal systems, participated.

The results? Not one individual correctly identified when High end wire or was in use often enough to statistically be significant vs. random guessing. I believe the top mark was 56% correct. As a group, in total they properly identified the correct wire slightly less than 50% of the time. This single test has done more to fuel the wire debate than any other single event of which I am aware.

So if you did not hear a difference, don't fret. You don't have to.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • faster100
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Thanks Tour, Actaully what i meant though about the 2 channel amp was because in a theater setting ie: all 6 speakers and only 2 on a amp, however when i was going to sell my beloved Onkyo m-504 i sat down seriously for a few hours and listened to one of my favorite old Cd's, one i had heard hundreds of times, i listened with the amp hooked up and unhooked, and just couldn't tell a difference to be noticed be it any of the things people claim to hear with wire, amps and such, I don't sweat it because i would rather enjoy my system them constantly scrutinize (sp) over the sound and changes and things i don't like.. The only thing about my system i don't like is at very high volumes the mains always seem to get a bit bright, the tweeters are to much, so i turn down the treble from +2 to 0 flat and it gets better, so that's about it
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp