Rockford Fosgate subs and amp

theuprising191theuprising191 Posts: 3
edited June 2008 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch P500.2 amp that puts out 500 watts RMS. I have connected and bridged a Rockford Fosgate Punch P212 that is rated at 400 watts RMS. If i have the amp at half gain is this too much power for the sub to handle? Can I turn the gain up more, is it good where it is at or should I lower it. I do not want to blow this sub.
Post edited by theuprising191 on

Comments

• Deadof_knightDeadof_knight Posts: 987
    edited June 2008
    I have a 500s and Im running it on a sony explode twelve rated at 250 rms you ll be fine as long ans your reasonablewith the volume. Im also running a xlc 18with 512 watts on it rated at 250 rms . With power comes responsibilty !

it comes down too careful listening a speaker will handle more power better than less power.... do to the signal being cleaner at louder volumes
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • exalted512exalted512 Posts: 10,796
    edited June 2008
    What radio do you have?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • zingozingo Audiophile Posts: 11,827
    edited June 2008
    Just use your ears to control the volume. If it's bottoming out, reel it in a little. But you really can't have too much power to a woofer unless you're going to try to push it's limits.