Help me pick my surrounds

Options
kelley
kelley Posts: 287
edited April 2003 in Speakers
I'm going to finally move the Boston bookshelf's I'm using and try to match things up right. A little about my system: 3.1tl's with Dennon 6600 mono's for the bottom end and 4400 mono's for the top. The center is a CS400. I have a POA 5000 6 channel amp that is bridged for 200 wpc which is driving the center and that leaves 100wpc for the surrounds. I was looking at the original FX series but is there something else out there? I don't have anything against the FX's I just want to know all of my options. I have all of this and my 36" Wega jammed in my 11x11computer room for the meantime but as soon as I get off of my butt and finish the basement or upstairs it will move. thanks
SDS-400, SDA-1B, SVS 20-39pc+, B&K Ref 50, Denon 2900
Post edited by kelley on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Your options are fx.....fx/500's or fx/1000's.You could get the new ones........
    Unless your looking for mono's,then a good pair of rt35i's would be sweet.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • kelley
    kelley Posts: 287
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I'd like a pair of the FX's but even the supply on EBAY has dried up.
    SDS-400, SDA-1B, SVS 20-39pc+, B&K Ref 50, Denon 2900
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Not quite dry yet...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3019519074&category=14996

The BIN may have been a tad high when there were a number out there, but $600 is around the top end of the old range. If they're mint, could be worth it.

Seller's rating is good to boot (no affiliation)...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD