DirecTV Triple LNB Offer

Options
polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited April 2003 in Electronics
All,
For those who has DirecTV service, there is an upgrade offer in place for a triple LNB Satellite Oval Dish offer in place, for those interested in upgrading to HDTV service. The Dish (I think an OEM version, most likely a Terk) come installed at $65. I checked around the web, and the price range from $99 - $149 for the dish (+ S&H). The only caveat is you have to continue subscribe to DTV for a year, with penalty for early termination.
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited April 2003
    Options
    it's worth it,the dish alone is retail for 124.88.Installed is another 250.00 with 1 location.A swap out would be 99.99 labor.
    Hell I would do it myslef and let them mount the damn thing.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Dan,
    you've got that right! so, I was pleasantly surprise, it's a saving of at least $100..
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Is this through CC or do I call DTV customer care?

Pretty cool stuff as I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a receiver. I really like the new Zenith, forget right now the model, but it does terrestrial and dtv with a built in scaler for low def broadcasts.

Thanks
    HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    hbomb,
    it is direct thru DTV CSR, call them. The dish cost about $45, + S&H, Sales Tax, come to about $65, including prof standard installation. The zenith you are looking for, is it HD-SAT520? great unit....
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2003
    Options
    all the tough stuff is ran just need the dish swapped out. I have spent too much time on skyscrapers and won't climb a ladder anymore! DTV is ggo about that stuff.

I'm glad you think the Zenith is good... any other equipment on your radar?

H is getting Bombed again so be NICE! :lol::lol::lol:

Evil Twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Sony SAT-HD200, which has the same engine as the Zenith 520. These are the two decent HD receivers out there, imo..
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    yes they are.
    they are all basically the same,just what features do you like????????
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    one more thing, panorama mode on the sony is great, since it stretch the screen for 16:9 without making people look wide....
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    but cut of some of the picture.....you can't win with 4:3 and 16:9 mixing of now...it will be over down the road....I hope:confused:
    Dan
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Dan, I can live with that, as long as the CNN ticker scroll still showing on the bottom screen....btw, I pull the trigger on LSi7 for the surround back, and left the 9 for my 2 channel....can't wait!
  • mantis
    edited April 2003
    Options
    good going Bro,I'm gonna get my Lsi7's on so I can do the test...your Idea of course,I'll let you know how I made out after I pick them up.I just gotta get some time.........
    Dan
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2003
    Options
    just wish i could get high deff cabble i would go dish but need the high speed internet.
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Gonzo,
    don't you have DSL provider access locally for your high-speed? I would not ever go back to cable, picture quality difference is night and day! even on non HD....
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Update: DTV Triple LNB @ $49.00, S&H @ $14.95 and Tax @ $4.96, professional install is free, one-year service commitment is required or pay $150 early termination fee. I just got mine installed. What a difference!