Subwoofer Problem..

rodgey
rodgey Posts: 1
edited May 2008 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Hi Guys, I'm new on here but was wondering if any of you could help me?
Would be greatly appreciated!
Ive got a sub and amp etc for my car, but just before I got rid of my car last year the sub broke. The amp and everything else is fine, its just the sub appears to be "sucked down". Its quite hard to describe, but it seems that the cone is stuck down towards the magnet?
If anyone has had this happen to their subs or could shead some light on the problem, that would be great! :)
Many thanks!
Rodgey
Post edited by rodgey on

Comments

• BradimusMaximus
    BradimusMaximus Posts: 60
    edited May 2008
    You probably mechanically locked the woofer by warping or melting the voice coil. You now have a paper weight.
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT
    Alpine SPX-137R
    Alpine SPR-69LP
    Panasonic CY-PA4003U
    Kenwood KAC-X520
    Polk SR124
    :D
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2008
    Yup. You could also get some good use of it by using it at the end of an anchor chain. Also work as a door stop.

Look at the bright side - now you have an excuse to upgrade!! :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • BradimusMaximus
    BradimusMaximus Posts: 60
    edited May 2008
    Pry the magnet off the back and use it to make a new magnetic tool rack! Sticking it to the back of a piece of sheet metal thats attached to the wall of your garage is a cool way to hang up tools and stuff.
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT
    Alpine SPX-137R
    Alpine SPR-69LP
    Panasonic CY-PA4003U
    Kenwood KAC-X520
    Polk SR124
    :D