Davidv Posts: 94
edited April 2003 in Forum Testing Area
Beer on tap is great, until the keg runs dry and the liqour store is closed!:D

Post edited by Davidv on

Comments

• Davidv
    edited April 2003

• Davidv
    edited April 2003
    is this it?

• Davidv
    edited April 2003

• Davidv
    edited April 2003
    DOH!! I give up for now.

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2003
    First 2 attempts worked, tho' the second is the right way.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2003
    the first pic looks like a rm1000 passive sub, am I right?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Davidv
    edited April 2003
    I was trying to get the picture in the post. Not link it. Oh well.
    Thanks

• Davidv
    edited April 2003
    Yes that is what it is listed as on Ebay. I can't find any info at polk though. I am wondering if it is worth my time? Any thoughts?

• polkatese
    edited April 2003
    I just sold one, it came with RM3000, it sounds great, but remember, it is passive! with the satellite 3000, it sounds awesome. A bit more boomy, compared to LSi9 bass, so it might not even a fair comparison....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Davidv
    edited April 2003
    Well currently I have no sub, and no money and my system is sounding very lacking.

Mains: 2 RT10's
    Center: CS400
    Rears: MII's
    Stereo (Don't laugh too hard)
    Sony STDR975 110wx5

It sounded great until I rearranged the room. I went from approx.
    11'w x 10'L to 11'w x 16'L. Then I got the center wich sounds great, but now I have less bass. Any suggestions.

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2003
    I am not familiar with that Sony, but if you have an EQ option just use that...move the speakers closer to a wall or in a corner perhaps. Other than that you are bound to a sub, or speaker change. Look on Ebay, they have some deals on said subs from time to time.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polkatese
    edited April 2003
    David,
    you want to go with an active sub, as not to suck in your receiver's juice...beside, active sub tend to sound better than the passive one. Polk PSW202 sounds like a good candidate for your system, check it out over at CC, they might have some open box special, it's gonna be much better than the rm1000.
  • Davidv
    edited April 2003
    I have used the eq setting and it helped. I think my main problem is that the RT10's were in corners. Now one is next to my entry and the other is kind of in a corner next to a stairway. The sub in the picture is fairly cheap at ebay I would have included the full link, but I lack the knowledge, that is why I was here trying to enlighten myself. Thanks for everyone's help thus far and please continue with any thought's! I appreciate them as long as my equipment isn't being bashed.

• Davidv
    edited April 2003
    Thanks Polkatese. I didn't realize the difference. I am just afraid that the PSW202 will not be enough for me. I love clarity, but I also like to feel the vibrations. Although I have not taken the time to go and listen to any subs. Which I know I should do first.

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2003
    David,
    AS for your attempts to post the pic, you had it in your 2nd attempt, but use lower case in the brackets, i.e., not...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD