21236 Get Together

MillerLiteScott
MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
Ben and I had a little impromptu get together last night to listen to his new components and spin some vinyl. We had a great time spinnin' some vinyl and Ben cleaned a bunch of my GW vinyl and a 180 gram pressing of Wilco Sky Blue Sky. I was amazed at what Bens cleaning routine did to the sound quality of even a brand new record. Steam seamed to be one of the major components to the cleaning process. We also traded some tweak tricks and talked about our wishfull upgrades.

Another great time in Baltimore County. Thanks again Ben for the record cleaning services and your hospitality. Looking forward to you coming over to hear my new TT.

Scott
I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
Post edited by MillerLiteScott on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2008
    Glad you guys had a great time.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited March 2008
    You can tell I haven't logged on much since Friday. Wasn't much free time available to me after Friday night for some reason....I guess you gotta pay to play.

I had a great time hanging with Scott. I think we BS'ed as much as we listened to music. Hell, I don't think I got around to cleaning the other 3 sides of that Wilco album. Just another reason to get an RCM and a steamer.

I did get to sit down for an album side or so yesterday. Scott was kind enough to leave a set of broken in RDO-194's for me to listen to. Man those things make such an improvement over the SL-2000's. Much less fatiguing and a more even presentation tonally.

Definitely looking forward to next time and getting an ear on that new TT!

Ben
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2008
    I'd be afraid to be in the same room as you guys.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited April 2008
    I should have dialed 911 and reported some really weird ritualistic happenings going on at that house.
    No excuses!
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2008
    Like multi step ritualistic vinyl cleaning.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited April 2008
    strider wrote: »
    I did get to sit down for an album side or so yesterday. Scott was kind enough to leave a set of broken in RDO-194's for me to listen to. Man those things make such an improvement over the SL-2000's. Much less fatiguing and a more even presentation tonally.

Definitely looking forward to next time and getting an ear on that new TT!

Ben

I hope you followed CL35M's rigid procedure for testing the sl2000 against the RD0, if not your results aren't valid :p;).

When he first said Ben; I thought he meant Ben62670. Glad you guys had a good time. Meeting fellow Polkies is cool.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2008
    This Ben is a little more grounded.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited April 2008
    More like Common Grounded and Stancor Free.
  • strider
    edited April 2008
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I hope you followed CL35M's rigid procedure for testing the sl2000 against the RD0, if not your results aren't valid :p;).

When he first said Ben; I thought he meant Ben62670. Glad you guys had a good time. Meeting fellow Polkies is cool.

Before I do any real critical listening, I'm having our ENT doctor install a cap in between the anvil and stirrup of my inner ear. Figure that way I won't have to worry about any of life's high frequencies.

Scott's a good guy; he's got a rig closer in scale to mine. When I listen to rigs like Joe's or Jesse's, I get real depressed for a couple days.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited April 2008
    Sorry Ben, certianly not my intent.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited April 2008
    Come on Jesse, we all know you touch yourself with one hand while touching your rig with the other. The last time I was at your place...well...you left the room and I...uhhhhhh....
    No excuses!
  • strider
    edited April 2008
    F1nut wrote: »
    Sorry Ben, certianly not my intent.

Please don't take that the wrong way, I love every second of it while I'm there!
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • F1nut
    edited April 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    The last time I was at your place...well...you left the room and I...uhhhhhh....

The nanny cam says otherwise.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited April 2008
    Ben.........cool.

President of Club Polk