Lsi 25 placement

kapila
kapila Posts: 4
Can a Lsi 25 be placed a few inches from a wall or wooden shelf with the subwoofer placing the wall ? Will this damage the subwoofer?
Post edited by kapila on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited March 2003
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do you mean a few inches from a wall with the sub facing the wall? If so, it won't damage the sub but I don't think it would make for optimal sound quality.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    From my experience with the LSi15, a good 2 feet from back/side walls seemed optimum. Really solidified the stereo image.

With the sub a few inches from the wall, you should notice a 'boomy' factor, but that may suit your tastes. Experiment, and report back.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2003
    kapila,
    I assume you have space issues?There are suttle things you can do to avoid this.....and to answer your question,I agree with the last 2 posts.I wouldn't do it.
    To get out of what you paid for them,you might want to reconsider where your going to place them.Less then Ideal rooms create big challenges for big speakers.
    I would like more input,maybe a pic of the room and I could try to help you further.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Apex
    Apex Posts: 69
    edited March 2003
    If you do have to put them by the wall.I'd set them to small so you wont have as much boom.Try even playing with the phase.
    H/K AVR7000

"LSI25's bi-wired with 2.4s

Mirage OM c2 Center "LSiC soon"

FX300i rears "LSi15's soon for the rears".

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2003
    Originally posted by Apex
    If you do have to put them by the wall.I'd set them to small so you wont have as much boom.Try even playing with the phase.

Well I see where your going with this but I feel if this is a nessary step and there's nowhere else to place these beautiful speakers,I feel the wrong speakers where choosen.You would be better off returning them and gettin the Lsi9's on high quality stands.Then I would upgrade the current sub to a better more musical sub like the REL StormIII.

The problem which I run into quite often is that many people buy killer speakers and put them into a room where they have no chance of performing.I find this a waste of money and a lack of planning.With alittle thought,you can get the speakersthat will perform there best(or at least better then monster floorstands stuffed in somewhere).

If you get offended by what I wrote here,don't you not alone at all.This is a very common mistake and has been also made by myself.If you don't think the room has a big/huge/enormous effect on your sound quality,your wrong.

Picking speakers that might not be as MANLY and getting the smaller more WIMPY,will perform better in given enviroments.
    This sounds like the speakers need to be rethinked.......good luck.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.