2000 Mustang GT Sub direction question?

Polkemon
Polkemon Posts: 144
edited March 2008 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I just received my box I had built for a 2000 Mustang GT and need some help on deciding firing direction. The box was built for rear aming two Alpine Type R Subs but have found it will work in 3 direction Up, Back & Forward.
I removed the Mach Box and was suprised to see how many and how large the holes in the back deck are so this will help filter the bass into the cabin.

If I set up as rear firing the front of the sub falls closer to the rear seat back leaving them having all the open deck grills above them.

My thought on the firing up is mounting the box to the rear deck leaving about 4" for excursion and they would be facing directly into the cab and firing through the removed speaker holes. (If this is the case should I sound deadend the rear deck with the holes left open or not at all?

Front firing but I would want to leave my rear sets up and I would be affraid of the bass not getting into the cabin that well.

Please help because I want SQ and not sure of the best way to do this.
NEWEST RIDE:
2006 Silver Jaguar XKR Coupe with factory BBS 20" and upgraded Brembo Brakes from factory....
Supercharger Pully Upgrade
Air Intake
Mina Exhaust System....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (Daily Driver):
Front Doors POLK sr6500
Amp front JL 450/4
Amp Sub JL 500/1
Sub JL 10w6

(Work Trucks)
2005 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4.6L V-8
All Stock!!! In the process of changing this.

2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.6L Diesel
Post edited by Polkemon on

Comments

• pentavolvo
    pentavolvo Posts: 68
    edited March 2008
    ur post kinda confused me, id just try all 3 diffections and see whats best.

example in my fox body stang firing back was louder then up
  • Polkemon
    Polkemon Posts: 144
    edited March 2008
    Thanks! I think that is my plan to just fire the subs towards the rear and since I will have several holes in the rear deck that should help with the box getting in the cabin.
    NEWEST RIDE:
    2006 Silver Jaguar XKR Coupe with factory BBS 20" and upgraded Brembo Brakes from factory....
    Supercharger Pully Upgrade
    Air Intake
    Mina Exhaust System....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (Daily Driver):
    Front Doors POLK sr6500
    Amp front JL 450/4
    Amp Sub JL 500/1
    Sub JL 10w6

(Work Trucks)
    2005 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4.6L V-8
    All Stock!!! In the process of changing this.

2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.6L Diesel