Rotel RSX-1055 or NAD T752

TonyPTX
TonyPTX Posts: 545
edited March 2003 in Electronics
OK folks,

My Onkyo is just about out the door (ain't Ebay grand?) and I've been reading all kinds of good stuff about new king of the hill/flagship leading AV receivers. I've been looking into getting either some Rotel or NAD gear. I've read some rave reviews for both of the two models listed above and honestly it's going to end up being what I think sounds best. For refference, I wanted to gather some comments from the folks in this forum as to if they've heard any of this gear and have any opinions....Mantis where art thou?

I'm also actually thinking of going all seperates at this point. The Rotel RSP-1066 w/ the RMB-1075 power amp is looking real sweet. I'll pick up a tuner later as I don't really listen to radio too much.
Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
Post edited by TonyPTX on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited March 2003
    TonyPTX,
    at your service........
    If you haven't already realized,I'm all about Rotel.NAD is nice stuff but I feel Rotel is a step up.
    The rsx1055 is awesome.Add the rb1050 power amp and 7.1 is at your command.This powerhouse,don't be fooled by it's power ratings.Rotel under rates there amps when compared to others with the same rating.Rotel is all about current.Plenty of reserves.Dynamic range will impress you.
    The best thing for you to do if your serious about this and my advise is to call me on it.Get out there and experience Rotel for yourself.SO impressive.I'll go this far.If I still had my rt series,I would jump all over the rsx1055 as a upgrade from the Denonavr3801 I once owned.You really gotta play with it.I would run a full blown LSi seris system off of it as well.It's the ONLY 1200.00 reciever I will say can pull that off with ease,Yes I mean ease......ALLDAY MAN ALLDAY!!!!!
    If you wan to talk to someone who owns a Rotel Home Theater reciever,just talk to polkatese,he will tell you all about his,he has it's bigger brother in the rsx1065.
    Dude don't forget about the silver......man so deadly sexy.....
    Compare the rsx1055 to everything in it's price class.

You know there is a reason Rotel don't make 7 channel amps.
    On a serious note,please give it a listen.Bring your mains and experience them for the first time........also bring Music that you know really well.Theater is stunning as well.Bring it home and demo it for a weekend.Run it hard and long.I bet you'll own it after that.No returning this gem.

If I deside to build another theater in my masterbed of livingroom(my theater will be in the basement,dedicated)The Rotel rsx1055 is my very first choice.Just that thought alone makes me wanna purchase another 7.1 theater system.......

Well I can keep this post going on and on,the rsx1055 has alot to talk about.Dig man dig.....o did I mention that the NAD is nice?;)
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TonyPTX
    edited March 2003
    Not much time to talk about it....too happy to get my gear set up. Went go get my demo on today man. Listened to the Rotel 1055 and the NAD T762. Both units were sooooooo close. All I can say is that I think I got a great steal....um I mean deal. Picked up the Rotel RSX-1055 demo unit for $1150 total (including tax). Will give details later. Got to go throw this Onkyo out the window right now :)
  • BeginnersLuck
    BeginnersLuck Posts: 213
    edited March 2003
    One of my buddies has a NADT761 and I love the way it sounds. He uses it to power his NHT speakers. He has had it for two years now and has had to send it in for repair twice. The first time it was in the shop for 3 months because the rear channels quit on him. Now his sub out is cutting in and out on him. This particular model has been plauged with qaulity control problems but when it is working it sounds awesome. Hopefully they were able to fix these problems in their new product line.

I would highly recommend one of these if there was a way to guarentee that it would last...

However, Rotel sounds great as well...but their track record for quality control seems to be a coule notches above NAD. I would recommend going with the Rotel.

Both are great companies and I think you will be pleased with either choice.

Good Luck,
    -BL
    TWFTPQ
    Receiver: Outlaw 1050
    Amps: Outlaw M-200 x 3 (Powering Mains and Center)
    Mains: RT800i; Center: CS400i; Surrounds: F/X500i
    Sub1: 214L Vented Tempest
    Sub2: 122L Sealed Tempest
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    TonyPTX,
    Got to go throw this Onkyo out the window right now
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,dude thats 2 funny man.
    You moved on the Rotel,nice price.Rotel dealers are hard pressed to give anyone a good deal.Nice.
    I'm dieing to read your review.Can't wait to read about how much you like it.Sounds like next up the rb1050 for 7.1 duty.....cool man.Congrads.
    Dan
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited March 2003
    Congrats on the purchase, that would have been my choice too! The 1055 is on my list.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2003
    Tony,
    Congrats! great receiver, so how was your trip to the beach? you will enjoy your 1055...LSi next on the list?

Phuz, did you see the info I post on the Flea Market? there is a guy on HTF selling his SILVER 1055, reasonable price, check it out
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited March 2003
    Man Polkatese I'm SO broke right now it's not even funny. Thanks for the heads up though. heheh

I'll be patient and get black to match the rest of my gear. ;)
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Phuz,
    I'll be patient and get black to match the rest of my gear
    Yeah polkatese has a thing with that as well.;)
    Dan
  • TonyPTX
    edited March 2003
    Mantis,

seems like you're in the loop with gear specs and all. I've looked hard for the type, quanity, and bit rate for the DAC's in the Rotel 1055. Do you have any sources? Latest lead I have is that it has Asahi Kasei 24-bit/96kHz DACS and a 20-bit ADC. But no mention of quanity (i.e. do the mains just have the 24/96 or do all the channels?)
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2003
    Phuz, anytime...

Dan, I might be open to B&K Silver faceplate, I already broke my own gear finish anyway, with the philips SACD....
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Tony,
    If your looking for a brand name it's Crystal Semiconductor.Thats really all I know.They don't tell you in the owners manual?
    If not I would call Rotel and find out.

978-664-3820

polkatese,
    AH HA!!!! So you ruined your complete black look,yes I remember when you got it.SO Silver could be on huh.........yeah man so much better looking then flat black.
    Dan