Monster Cable versus RCA cable

Options
glemay
glemay Posts: 574
Hi, I currently have RCA 12 gauge wire that I purchased at Home Depot. I have them hook up to my RTi70 and I am planing on getting a pair of RTi38 and CSi40 or CSi30(don't know yet). I am running a Marantz SR6300 receiver. How much diffrence will I notice if I purchase some 12 gauge Monster Cable?

Jerry
Main System:
Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
Post edited by glemay on

Comments

• MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Yall notice a bigger hole in your pocket. There are people that claim lamp cord sounds the same as monster cable. I run HD wire and I think its great wire, it sounds good and it dont make ur wallet go into a pit.
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    Yall notice a bigger hole in your pocket.

Yep!

I have some and can't tell a damn bit of difference.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    Options
    If you bought the brand 'RCA', it is made by Monster to begin with. (or a parent company, conglomerate, some such...)

Spend a little, and test it out for yourself. Get a couple 3-4 ft runs of each, and test a small 2ch setup.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2003
    Options
    glemay,
    here's how I see it.I would get the Monster MCX Bi wires for front 3.Ge the Csi40,it matches your mains perfectly.
    This will yield a big difference in sound quality and I believe Premades are the way to go.
    If you need custom lengths,they can be ordered.Stop by your Local Tweeter and give the MCX bi iwres a run.Buy a pair and test them against your HD wire.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    If you bought the brand 'RCA', it is made by Monster to begin with. (or a parent company, conglomerate, some such...)

Good info to know Russ. That's what I've got running on my surrounds is "RCA brand" 16-gauge. Looks like really good quality stuff (OFC) all copper. Fairly decent in price ~ $18 for 100'.
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....