Small LI gathering - Feb 1st

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    If I didn't have plans this Saturday I would take the trek!
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited February 2008
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Joe, you are more than welcome at my home; no worries, we'll be doing more of these out here as the year progresses, I'm sure, so maybe next time? Or maybe if Lasareath does another one, we can all meet up there.

Sucks about the rain for tomorrow, but hopefully we'll stay dry.:rolleyes:

I might do one too, as soon as I get my projector mess straightened up and my basement finished.

I hope you guys have a great time and let me know what happened!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    So how's it going so far?
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited February 2008
    Everyone headed out about an hour ago, and I just finished cleaning up (next time I hire someone :p)

It went about as expected, considering the lousy weather and all :(.

I hope everyone had a good time, and that you got home safely. It's nice when a group of people with a common interest can meet up and share some good times. Even my friend from work (who's not nearly into all this as we are) asked about getting some new gear soon!

It was a good day all around, and I will definitely look to doing something again soon.

Thanks to all who attended.

Oh, I'll get some pix up as soon as I get my new computer hooked up.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    We have to do this again sometime soon!

Edit: You guys got any pictures?
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    Thanks again Harry! It was good seeing everyone again.

Next time, no Charlie Brown. :)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    Next time we have to do some more A/B tests ;)
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    We need pics or this didn't happen.
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited February 2008
    Thanks again Harry! Food was great. The Rti10's driven by that Adcom are simply awesome. Enough has been already been said about SVS subs on this forum so need to comment on it. I will say you did a great job of setting it up. HT or music, you can't tell where the bass is coming from.

I liked the impromptu speaker stands for my LSi9's. Do you have a website I can order from? :D

Thanks to Sal and his wood for making the 3 hour car trip for a 1 hour stay. Dedicated Polkie!
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    We need pics or this didn't happen.

+1

We need pics!!!
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• Face
    edited February 2008
    Nobody brought a camera because we thought you were coming and bringing yours.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    So you guys didn't take ANY pics?
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited February 2008
    Hello, we need pics and a little better review of what went on that day. Come on the devil is in the details :)
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Face
    edited February 2008
    The truth is, a few of us are in the witness relocation program. Unfortunately we'll be wearing masks during Polk fest to protect our identities.
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    We need to do another one of these again!

How about at my place, sometime in May/June?
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• heiney9
    edited February 2008
    appadv wrote: »
    We need to do another one of these again!

How about at my place, sometime in May/June?

I say you're banned from holding these gatherings until you can provide pics and a detailed account of the activities for the gathering that already happened :D:):p;)
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I say you're banned from holding these gatherings until you can provide pics and a detailed account of the activities for the gathering that already happened :D:):p;)

I didn't go, since I had Physics Lab during that time and my professor said there are no makeups for this course. So I don't know what happened either.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• Face
    edited February 2008
    appadv wrote: »
    I didn't go, since I had Physics Lab during that time and my professor said there are no makeups for this course. So I don't know what happened either.
    violin.gif
  • Serendipity
    edited February 2008
    I'm being serious... :)
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• Face
    edited February 2008
    Shotgun1AG2a.jpg
    Shotgun1AG2b.jpg
    Shotgun1AG2c.jpg
    Shotgun1AG2d.jpg

Happy now? :p
  • m00npie
    edited February 2008
    These pictures are from our, what... 5th get together??

Cable review between the MIT Shotgun s1 and the Goertz AG2 to follow... And yes, there is a difference.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited February 2008
    And yes, there is a difference.

So, I heard.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited March 2008
    m00npie wrote: »

Cable review between the MIT Shotgun s1 and the Goertz AG2 to follow... And yes, there is a difference.

Yeah, much as I hate to admit it (j/k), you're correct.

Funny thing, each set had their own merits, but I would not say I thought one was necessarily "better" than the other. And I still think the MITs had a broader low end response, but the Goertz' had a crisper high end- not bright, though. Having said that, I'd like to hear them with the RTi10s here some day. And as you already stated, those MITs can always be used as welding cables if needed.

Yo Face, I get the coasters on the table metaphor, too. :D
    And you can mark that Belkin as sold, too, OK?
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Face
    edited March 2008
    m00npie wrote: »

Correct. We need to have a 6th soon to finish off all this beer. :D
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Yeah, much as I hate to admit it (j/k), you're correct.

Funny thing, each set had their own merits, but I would not say I thought one was necessarily "better" than the other. And I still think the MITs had a broader low end response, but the Goertz' had a crisper high end- not bright, though. Having said that, I'd like to hear them with the RTi10s here some day. And as you already stated, those MITs can always be used as welding cables if needed.

Yo Face, I get the coasters on the table metaphor, too. :D
    And you can mark that Belkin as sold, too, OK?
    The coasters weren't aimed towards you, but now that you mention it... :D

The Belkin is yours too. Tuesday or Wednesday it should be ready to go.

As for the cables, I should have taken notes in between so I could have done a lengthy write up. I'll try to put something together though.
  • Face
    edited March 2008
    Heiney, where are you?
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2008
    I'm confused....who actually met? Looks like a pair of MIT Shotguns met a pair of Goertz cables.....Were there actually people at this meet?
  • heiney9
    edited March 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Heiney, where are you?

Right here :D

Illinois, 70 mi North West of Downtown Chicago
  • m00npie
    edited March 2008
    Face wrote: »
    As for the cables, I should have taken notes in between so I could have done a lengthy write up. I'll try to put something together though.

There is nothing to write up. My cables are bigger than your cables. PERIOD!
  • Face
    edited March 2008
    That's all they have on mine. :D
  • Serendipity
    edited March 2008
    I'm confused....who actually met? Looks like a pair of MIT Shotguns met a pair of Goertz cables.....Were there actually people at this meet?

I didn't get a chance to go to the one on Feb. 1st or the other one that they had, so I don't know what happened.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1