Pre/Power or Integrated?

2»

Comments

• SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited March 2003
    Mantis,

It will be pretty tough letting go of your Rotel gear when the right buyer comes a long. It's almost like a family member.....I have a pair of Polk monitors 7's from 79 and I still treat them with a lot of respect from getting scratced or turned up too high. I got them when I was a kid and I'm still attacted to them even when I make my next upgrade.......I think I'll keep them for ever.......well, you better take some more pic's of your Rotel and maybe have another audition before they find a new home and hopefully not a head banger...hee! hee!

dc.:)
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2003
    F1,
    wow, the mighty reference SACD player is almost IN DA house! congrats, bud! It's the player that defines SACD next to the SCD-1....are you going to ModWright it? Those Bryston and CJ sound like a combo winner...Let us know how you like the triple 7...

Dan,
    I am always wondering, when I think of Ref50/200.7 and 507. From what I read, it seems that everybody agree they are both almost identical in performance. 507 is comparable to ref50+av125.7, which I am still considering. OTOH, without auditioning rsp1098 (with those tiny LCD), I am at a lost to pull the trigger on the next upgrade. I made a quest to get a closure to at least auditioning the 1098 along with Parasound C1 (again, because of that LCD). Glad to know that I was able to plant some ideas for your office rig...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • polkatese
    edited March 2003
    Parasound C1 Pre...cool pic..
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited March 2003
    polkatese,

Yeah, I've been looking into ModWright, parts upgrade and maybe the super clock...we'll see.

That Parasound C1 is a beautiful piece! :) What's the lowdown on it?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited March 2003
    it's 6 grand.Out of my league completely.Liv4fam has heard and wasn't impressed.
    For that kind of money man....................and price doesn't usually scare me,the Halo does.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited March 2003
  • polkatese
    edited March 2003
    Dan,
    The price on the Parasound is definitely better be justifiable. the Rotel is exactly half of that price, and both are not in the showroom yet....I don't really have any point of reference on Parasound, but I heard they are decent, and C1 definitely has the look....
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    polkatese,
    I didn't get to hear it go,but it looks killer.I would be proud to own something that nice looking.What a fine looking preamp it is.......WOW
    Dan
  • F1nut
    edited March 2003
    Speaker 7,

It's 3995.00 british pounds and they are only making 500 of them.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• saread
    saread Posts: 7
    edited March 2003
    Polkatese,

Polk speakers are RTA-15T. These will be it until I can build something I like better. But - that project comes after the new house and I have room for serious hobbies.
  • F1nut
    edited March 2003
    Polkatese,

I have just be informed that the next shipment of XA777ES's will not be in the country until 3/24. The wait is killing me. :(

President of Club Polk

• polkatese
    edited March 2003
    F1,
    four more days? you can handle it, bud...do you get it from Tweeter? it's a beautiful piece that I don't mind owning..
  • F1nut
    edited March 2003
    Well, that's 4 more days until they are in the country, then more time until they get to the stores and then even more time until one gets to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 2 more weeks. I ordered it from Oade Bros. Audio in Georgia, they're selling them at a very good price.

President of Club Polk

• hififile
    hififile Posts: 1
    edited March 2003
    A superb integrated will beat average separates every time. I had a fine amp & preamp and needed more power and better sound for my Lsi15's. I tried an audio refinement complete (good), a Thule Spirit (good), a proceed amp2 w/ Thule preamp (very good), and then a McIntosh 6500 integrated (superb). It was expensive but worth every penny. The Polk/McIntosh system must be heard to be believed.
  • F1nut
    edited March 2003
    hififile,

Welcome to the forum.

Give us more details about the Mac.

F1

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    edited March 2003
    hififile,
    and some pic's.Mcintosh makes some of the best sounding gear Ih have heard.Beautiful lookin as well.
    Dan