B&K Training.....O yeah!!

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
edited March 2003 in Electronics
Man.........

We had B&K company training on the avr507 and it's remote.They made very intelligent choices when upgrading from the avr307.Little tweaks here and there made all the difference in the world..Most of the receiver is exaclty the same as the avr307.Sweat.

The new remote is nice.It can support up to 20 devices.Macro's and al that.The screen you can relable up to 10 button per page (4 total per device).It's computer programmable which I perfer.It's basically the MX700.B&K has been working with them to devolope this and the older model.They are bussiness partners.Nice.

The upgrade is right here and I'm getting on the list.Whats really cool is that you can get a new face plate,the avr507's,with the new display,source control etc.And the remote,if you don't already own a Pronto,or even if you do,it's nice for a bedroom or 2nd zone.Awesome.

One thing that I found I personally liked alot if there new inwall keypad.It's the MX700 or the 10.2 which B&K calls it,minus the numeric keypad in the wall.Super cool.

It's been out for awhile but I haven't really dug into it,the CT610 multizone receiver.This beast is badass.I have my entire house wired for multiroom audio and easily upgraded to whole house video distubution.Every zone is independant.It has 6 zones at 55 watts each....thats killer.This sucker supports up to 9 inputs.....HOLY COW!!!!!!!!
With the new keypad and this monster(CT610)multiroom audio would take a giant step forward for me.This might be the one over the Niles 4630 I have been eyeing up.It's expensive at 3800.00.Damn.....thats not cool........but Alot of thought going to happen in what I really want out of my house system.Thats alot of money,it's worth it if your serious about your multiroom sound,but I gotta question myself before I lay down that kind of cash for something that will be mostly used for background sound and outdoor fun...........hmmmmmmmmm.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    O I forgot to mention....B&K got a NEW kid coming out on the block.......high end.......all seperate.even the preamp is seperated.......New technolgy is goingto be introduced.........stay tuned...thats all I'm going to say.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    O I forgot to mention....B&K got a NEW kid coming out on the block.......high end.......all seperate.even the preamp is seperated.......New technolgy is going to be introduced.........stay tuned...thats all I'm going to say.
    Dan
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Dan - next time you go to Buffalo to see B&K, stop in for a beer - I'm in Rochester.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited March 2003
    Options
    That's cool. Now when you get your B&K you'll save plenty of time since you already know how to program the remote. I have to say, you have a lot of patience. I remember reading about your upgrade maybe 6 months ago. If that was me, I would have gotten all the gear ASAP and the room can bloody wait. But this is usually a recipe for disaster if you reasize you want something else after the room is finished. Props to you Dan!

Maurice
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Dan,
    your last statement, is that meant to be a teaser? c'mon bud, I won't tell anybody out there on what's coming down the B&K pipeline....is it something like the Rotel rsp-1098, Parasound C1? Can we keep a secret, fellas?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    ATCVenom,
    What crap???I'm not sure what your talking about.

organ,
    Hey man Hows things??Haven't seen you around.Ok I already upgraded to B&K about a month ago now.I'll add a pic at the bottom of this post.It's really good,you should do a search on B&K in here and you'll see and read alot more of what I have posted about it.I love it.I use a Pronto.

polkatese,
    as your name emplies,yes it's a teaser.It will suprpass what Parasound and Rotel is currently doing.
    Here's alittle more.........seperate power supply,meaning external.No Built in tuner,Video TRUE upconverting........thats all for now stay tuned.

For you organ.......
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Hey Doc,
    thank you very much for the offer.I just might take you up on that next time I'm up there.
    Dan
    Dan
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Dan,
    wait....is ref50 about to have sibling?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    polkatese,
    more like a MASTER!!!!
    Dan
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited March 2003
    Options
    HOLY **** MANTIS!!! That's fu#kin killer! So you already got your new toys, I must have missed that post. That B&K looks HUGE, I doubt you'll need amps. So did you get the LSiC and rears yet? What speakers do you have hooked up at the moment?
    Again, I must say I'm very impressed. So do you spend more time with your gear or Mrs. Mantis?LOL
    I thought you were checking out the RSX1065? What made you go B&K? How do they sound with the LSi15? I think the B&K looks better than the 1065. It has a more classy and simple look.
    Nice to see someone still owns a laser disc player. I got a Pioneer CLD-1080 about 10 years ago but don't own too many movies. I don't know why you have to bloody pay an arm and a leg for movies on giant discs.

Maurice
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    organ,
    So did you get the LSiC and rears yet?
    No, but I plan on geting all the rest of the Lsi series soon.I can't hold out any longer.Mrs Mantis wanted me to wait untill we where all finshed furnishing the new house and stuff but I can't hold out any longer so I'm going to murder it.
    What speakers do you have hooked up at the moment?
    If you look at the pic,you can see the side of my Lsi15's in cherry.2 channel for awhile since I sold ALL of my rt series and the sub....got it all out.
    So do you spend more time with your gear or Mrs. Mantis?LOL
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.She gets her time in.I love Mrs Mantis,I don't know what I would do without her.
    I thought you were checking out the RSX1065? What made you go B&K? How do they sound with the LSi15? I think the B&K looks better than the 1065. It has a more classy and simple look
    You are correct.The Rotel was what I was going to go for but In the rsp1066,RMB1075 and the rb1070.It was a long hard choice my man,B&K sound so good and warm with Lsi....It's stellar.
    I posted a good review in here some time ago.I'll look for it and leave a link.....if I can.
    Nice to see someone still owns a laser disc player. I got a Pioneer CLD-1080 about 10 years ago but don't own too many movies. I don't know why you have to bloody pay an arm and a leg for movies on giant discs.
    Yes I do and still use it from time to time.I like My laser disc player.It's not as good as DVD but I got alot of cool movies on LD so I keep it in my system.And it looks cool ;)
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Bout' time you had another class.

I don't know if I could take another THX post..... ;)

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    but Russ.......did you know that B&K is THX CERTIFIED???
    I was going to get into that when the time was right..............................stay tuned requested by Russman
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    And not to mention when I get mine Upgraded,It will be THX ULTRA 2 CERTIFIED.A whole new topic to get into.....

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Sheeeat.

I feel another 'I know, DO YOU??' comin' on.... ;)

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I will work it in to my future posts.It's part of my SOUL..........................................................................
    Dan