It's official - Polkfest 08...

kab
kab Posts: 275
***COMPLETED***

I know you've been waiting patiently. At long last, I managed to pin down the genius (not Paul).

As promised, Polkfest 2008 will be in Baltimore. On Friday October 17th, we will expect to see you all at Polk Headquarters. On Saturday October 18th festivities will resume (continue) at a nearby location to be announced. On Sunday, you will go away :)

Doro has kindly volunteered to herd the cats. I'll see if Hedy can arrange hotel deals. And I will recede into the shadows, letting Doro and you conspire. I expect you to leave B'more in the same shape you found it.

See you then.

Al
Post edited by kab on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited February 2008
    kab wrote: »
    I expect you to leave B'more in the same shape you found it.

I would not count on that.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2008
    I feel really bad for this Doro guy.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2008
    Cool. I will bring some Maryland Crab Dip, from Maryland and made in Maryland.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    Sounds great. What happens if some of us want to stay for a week? Will we be able to sleep at the HQ's, or at this Doro's place?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited February 2008
    I will definetly make it this year.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • kab
    kab Posts: 275
    edited February 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    ...What happens if some of us want to stay for a week? Will we be able to sleep at the HQ's, or at this Doro's place?

I've heard Doro loves company.

By the way, Anthony, fireworks are frowned upon in Maryland although, with enough alcohol, we'd be happy to watch you do Swan Lake with sparklers.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2008
    Marked on the calendar...
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2008
    Man I can't wait for this!!! I have some space for a few Polkies to crash here so I'll be getting my wife primed and ready for the onslaught!

BTW who is this Doro fellow? does he wear a mask?
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2008
    I'm sure I'm only speaking for myself when I ask for a list of some of the better Bail Bondsmen in the area.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2008
    Man I can't wait for this!!! I have some space for a few Polkies to crash here so I'll be getting my wife primed and ready for the onslaught!

BTW who is this Doro fellow? does he wear a mask?

I hope I get the honor of hearing your vinyl rig :D:D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2008
    What, another sled trip.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited February 2008
    ok, its official, who from Illinois would like to rent a van, drive out Thrusday and head back Sunday? it should be about a 13 hour trip each way. Splitting gas it shouldn't be that expensive...
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2008
    Sweet. I am going to a Polk fest!!! With, or without my Mom's permision. I hope no bad people show up.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    I'm driving from Cincinnati on Friday morning. Coming back when this Doro guy kicks me out.

Room for 4 or 5 so whoever wants to ride with me is welcome.

Edit: Of course I get to approve riders. But I'm serious.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2008
    I'm sure I'm only speaking for myself when I ask for a list of some of the better Bail Bondsmen in the area.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

Car pool! We can empty out the trunck, and fill it with water:D Join AAA they can help out in a pinch:p(bail)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2008
    Great the date is set, now about "leaving Baltimore in the same shape as I found it" I don't think so. ;)

And Doro I do pity him.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Frank840
    Frank840 Posts: 262
    edited February 2008
    cant hurt b more no more then what it is. So what goes on at these Polk FesT ?????:confused: Just a raging Beerfest with really good audio ??
    - This your Bush?
    Pioneer Elite Sc-25
    Polk Lsic,15's,9's, PSW1000
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2008
    CRABCAKES AND FOOTBALL. . .THAT'S WHAT MARYLAND DOES!!!

Are you ready to have the noise brought on you?!?

not in
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    McLoki - I'm in for the road trip! H9 is currently without internet service, but I think we can count him in on the roadtrip.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited February 2008
    In!!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ilikesound
    ilikesound Posts: 355
    edited February 2008
    i may make it for a night or two. that's going to be close to my birthday, but it sure is close to home in springfield, VA. plan to see you all there!
    At Home:
    Panasonic 42'' TC-L42U12 LCD
    Pioneer VSX-80TXV
    Toshiba HD-XA2
    Sony PS3 - psn "metalguitars"
    Xbox 360 - gamertag "giggidygiggidy"
    Panamax 4300EX
    Polk RTi8's
    Polk CSi3's
    Polk FXi3's. (x2)
    Martin Logan Dynamo (x2)
    Audioquest interconnects and wires.

Away From Home:
    JVC HDR-50
    stock system in new car for now:(
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Can I bring my dad?
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited February 2008
    B ring whomever you want....!

I will sart trying to make plans...

Gotta mark the calander and get the time off, and get tickets, and a room, and , and ........
    Okay, okay....you can do this beardog....

It will be good to see old faces, and punch Ron...I mean meat new people.....!!

**did I say that outloud ?!**

J/K of course..!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    I was kidding.....I'm not bringing my dad.....hopefully some people got it.

Anyway, I'll be there for sure. There is a 75% I will be driving so if anyone is interested in a road trip, let me know.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2008
    McLoki wrote: »
    ok, its official, who from Illinois would like to rent a van, drive out Thrusday and head back Sunday? it should be about a 13 hour trip each way. Splitting gas it shouldn't be that expensive...

sure I am from Illinois, just drop by Georgia to pick me up, DJ will join us.

I like folks from Illinois, there cool.

RT1
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    Im in!!!!! Any polkies from the Raleigh are are free to ride up with me. Will put in for the time off today.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    Who is this dorokusai person that you speak of?

****, I can't believe I'm going to miss 2 PF's in a row.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote:
    ****, I can't believe I'm going to miss 2 PF's in a row.

We could always have one at your place in S. Korea. Long drive...but Polkies travel well.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    I'm down with that.....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    I'll be there. I believe there should be 1 or 2 others from the Island also.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
This discussion has been closed.