Why no love for JL?

2»

Comments

• vinlee
    vinlee Posts: 4
    edited February 2008
    As a fromer JL dealer from the beginning of JL. I can answer with a resounding sort of. JL did a great job of marketing with a little research. In the beginning of sound competitions when there wasn't much knowledge of sub box building, JL came along with a very detailed exact "blue book" of specs for each of the speakers that they were offering at the time. If the dealer followed it to a T. they would end up with exactly what the customer wanted. It also offered the dealer Great profit magins over the likes of pioneer, alpine, etc. hence the over priced speakers as mentioned. Is it the best sounding speaker out there? NO, can it sound good? Yes. Is it expensive? yes, if you're not a dealer. BTW the componets speakers were not the best, but better than most and we pushed them hard cause of the margins.
  • MarcLazarek78
    MarcLazarek78 Posts: 65
    edited February 2008
    I'm sure that "Blue book" was also used for the sound booth. But ya got to admit 134.9db from 2 $90 12w1's and a 2x50 pioneer is almost legendary. My dealer was impressed.
    SDA SRS 2
    Kenwood M1D
    Sony DAV-HDX265
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited February 2008
    jstas..... u seem to have got a little emotional.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • eloplayspolo
    edited February 2008
    angryma.jpg
    2013 Toyota Prius
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited February 2008
    jstas..... u seem to have got a little emotional.

Are you even old enough to drive?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited February 2008

And don't get me wrong,Polk knows they have the best mids and highs.And when it all comes down to it,I guess the enclosure makes the sub.

I would not say that they have the best mids and highs. Is this what you believe?

Speakers sound different to different ears........some like a certain speaker and some do not.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • MarcLazarek78
    MarcLazarek78 Posts: 65
    edited February 2008
    Just being nice... but they are GREAT sounding.
    SDA SRS 2
    Kenwood M1D
    Sony DAV-HDX265
  • eloplayspolo
    edited February 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    Are you even old enough to drive?

training wheels are my friend.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    I like Punch. I'm using 2 $70 Punch 10's right now. Its knocks the roof off this motha...

Rockford has always been in my truck. The older little Punch (30, 40) amps, couldnt be beat. Just my opinion.

Punch 501s amp in my truck right now.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited February 2008
  • 1996blackmax
    edited February 2008
    What was up with that.........
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • eloplayspolo
    edited February 2008
    haha, just a taste of his own medicine... im really not here to argue... but to learn and asking question such as "can i see those 10" is one way of it, u know ur a jackass when u constantly feel like u need to defend yourself.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • 1996blackmax
    edited February 2008
    Why make a whole thread about it?
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    haha, just a taste of his own medicine... im really not here to argue... but to learn and asking question such as "can i see those 10" is one way of it, u know ur a jackass when u constantly feel like u need to defend yourself.

Taste of my own medicine? Huh. Is that what that hissy fit was supposed to be?

How is it "constantly having to defend yourself" when you ASKED me to identify the 10 companies?

Your mouth just doesn't stop running does it?

Taste of my own medicine. Pfft! Whatever kid. You're REALLY hurtin' my feelings and showin' me what's up. :rolleyes:

Keep tryin' junior, I've been bagged on by people much better at it than you.

futility0519a.jpg

• eloplayspolo
    edited February 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    How is it "constantly having to defend yourself" when you ASKED me to identify the 10 companies?

because u took that as an attack on your intelligence. i had nothing against u and didnt say a peep to u untill u called me a kid.... yeah im a kid, im 19 years old and ive been into car audio for about a year now and ive learned a ton from this place, prob even a little from you..... but its not just me and u know that.... anything u disagree with u get all excited about and starting spewing **** out of ur mouth, you have diaria of the mouth man, 100% this place is to learn from each other and talk about fun experiences, debate and agree to disagree.... but u cant leave it at that.... think about what u are arguing with me about... me being a kid... i said "you got a little emotional" and u freaking flip out, just chill man, its not just this post, like u said im not the first person to get into a little argument with u... but holy ****.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    because u took that as an attack on your intelligence. i had nothing against u and didnt say a peep to u untill u called me a kid.... yeah im a kid, im 19 years old and ive been into car audio for about a year now and ive learned a ton from this place, prob even a little from you..... but its not just me and u know that.... anything u disagree with u get all excited about and starting spewing **** out of ur mouth, you have diaria of the mouth man, 100% this place is to learn from each other and talk about fun experiences, debate and agree to disagree.... but u cant leave it at that.... think about what u are arguing with me about... me being a kid... i said "you got a little emotional" and u freaking flip out, just chill man, its not just this post, like u said im not the first person to get into a little argument with u... but holy ****.

God. I really HATE other people's children.

If I had just listed brand names in this thread that illustrated my claims, you would have done your best to shoot each and every one of them down. Then I would have to go into detail on why you were incorrect in your assumptions. I just beat you to the punch junior, that's all. But you're a waste of time. Think I'm an **** all you want. You've "been into car audio" for a year. You were also barely out of diapers when I was WINNING my first competition. Go find someone else to badger and try to bust down. I talk the talk because I've already walked the walk and I have nothing to prove to you or anyone. But I obviously have to throw out my credentials when I go against the mainstream thought and back up my "diaria of the mouth". I'm not going to sit here and take crap from some whiny little kid that feels jilted because I said JL isn't the greatest. I don't care about your feelings, I don't care about what you think of me and I don't care if you ever lean anything from me at all.

BTW, why don't you go pay attention in class because you spelled diarrhea incorrectly. Oh and if you take a look at the key just to the left of your 'Enter' key, that's call and apostrophe. It's useful in things like contractions along with other marks of punctuation. It helps make you look like less of an idiot when you use them correctly.

• eloplayspolo
    edited February 2008
    Ur calling me a kid yet u are correcting grammar online on a msg board.... jesus. i never said JL was the best lol.
    It's sad that u do care what i say to u because u keep responding.
    congrats u can spell DIARRHEA! u win.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Mosconi 6to8 v8